SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sean_a91

Butterfly bush propagation not growing or rooting

sean_a91
11 years ago

Hello! This is my first time on this forum, I have read many posts from here and you all seem very knowledgeable.

Sometime late spring early summer last year I started gardening, I had tomato and watermelon plants and several smaller plants as well as a bamboo, which is what started this all, Well point being, I'm brand new to all this and need some help.

I have several butterfly bush cuttings, all cut just below a knot where the branches came out of, which were cut off at the bottom, I managed to root one cutting but the others just wont root, They are all still easily alive, but no new growth on any of them and no roots, I have root hormone and i have tried it, But when i put them all in seeding soil with the hormone.

I lost several of them, I checked them all and only one had rooted, I decided to take the ones out of soil that did not root and put them back in water to try and save them, since then the woody bark of these cuttings has disappeared and i can see that they are healthy and green sittin in the water , They have been like this since fall last year, roughly haloween time.

These are supposed to be gifts for my grandmother so i would like it to work out. If someone could please help that would mean alot

Thank you.

Comments (11)