SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

New to Potager Forum

lavender_lass
14 years ago

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I have a question about non-vegetable plants for a potager. I would like to include some raspberries along the outside and at least one rose in the herb garden section of my planned potager. I've also wondered about dwarf apple trees, but I may not have the room. Does anyone have any recommendations?

It gets pretty cold here in Eastern Washington, but at least the potager is protected from the wind, so it should be zone 4.

I have planned four beds, each 6 1/2 feet by 8 feet and three beds that are 8 feet by 8 feet. The smaller beds will have narrow brick paths about 18 inches wide, with three foot wide grass paths between the beds. Here I plan to rotate tomatoes, cabbage with bush beans, melons and salad/root vegetables. The larger beds are for rotating corn with pumpkins, potatoes with bush beans, and pole beans with broccoli.

I've also included a seating area, with herbs and hopefully at least one rose bush. I plan to include raspberries along an outside fence and blueberries along the back gate. Any other suggestions? Thanks for the input!

Comments (8)

Sponsored