SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valarina

Plumeria no blooms for years

valarina
16 years ago

I have 6 different potted Plumeria I have not seen a bloom in so many years I forgot what color bloom were where. I have re potted (LARGER AND LARGER POTS) over the last 2 or so years. I just read about over fertilizing which apparently is bad I wish I would have known. oh well,(my bad) I have thank goodness recently (one week) at least bought the right fertilizer Peters bloom 10 52 10 before I just used regular miracle grow 2 to 3 x's weekly (yeaks am I inpatient or what)my fear is that now it is rainy season and I have fertilized to to to much for about 2 months.Not Good the proof is I finally saw a few blooms on one of them it's about 6 feet tall when I pull at a leaf to bring the plant to my reach so I could pick a bloom the entire branch one of 5 full of leaves and the inflo bent almost in half the branch seems so water logged it did not snap it just bent badly. I had to cut the branch off (I removed all the leaves and the inflo set it aside to possible plant after a few days)

My concern is what should I do to undo the problem of me over doing the watering of all the Plumeria plants as well as fertilizing like a mad woman did I ruin them I am certain that it will continue raining quite a lot (summer in Tampa.) I hate to have them all die from to much water and fertilizer any suggestions???

Comments (2)