SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lnorigb

Plumeria Pilates, an inelegant solution.

Lnorigb
10 years ago

. I bought this ragtag noid red beast off of Craigslist about 2 months ago. He lives seperately from the group as he is a Leaf Leper. I decided I didn't like his look in addition to hating his leaves, so I thought I'd string him up Pilates style and see what happens. There's plenty of slack to keep him from breaking in the wind but hopefully enuf tension to train him up instead of out. I suspect he was under a big palm and reaching towards the light which made him go all akimbo, lets hope I can stretch him the right way and tone up his limp leaves. But the best thing about this guy is 5 cylinders are firing!! I hope I get to see some flowers before the wind rips 'em off

Comments (4)

• toomanydogs
    10 years ago

Yup, he needs to work on his core muscles. Great looking inflos, though.

• Kimo
    10 years ago

Lnorigb,
    If your just trying to straighten up the branches or shape them I usually with hold water till the branches get slightly wrinkled, then they are soft enough to bend and shape without snapping them. I then get flat sticks, like tack strips from HD or Lowes and you tie the branches to the stick at the angle you want. Once you have arranged the branches you water the plant. You leave the staked and tied up for couple weeks or months, when you untie the sticks the branches stay in the angle or shape you trained it to be in.

Cheers

• plumygirl
    10 years ago

Beautiful decking!!

• Lnorigb
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Staking isn't much of an option on a deck. :/ I did stake the one that was most upright when I changed out MG for Al's GMX. I used it as a cantilever for the 2 remaining branches. But then I decided I wanted a more of a pull on the up direction rather then a push. I'll do some more dedicated training after the season ends, for now I'm hopeful that weight won't break them.

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living