SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elucas101

OT - Magical Garden Moments

elucas101
10 years ago

One of the pleasures of gardening is that something like an ordinary watering can turn extraordinary just by being in the right place at the right time. I love the little unexpected joys that can pop up. (well, usually! Haha!) What are some of yours?

The other day I was watering and it took me a second to register the low hum...so I look up and there is a hummingbird just hovering about a foot and a half away from me at eye level. We just looked at each other for a few good long moments and then ZOOM! he was gone. It was beautiful.

Another cool moment was I was watering and saw a sudden movement. I was trying to figure out what it was, when I finally see it - the tiniest baby lizard. He was only about an inch long and just the cutest thing. I had accidentally sprayed him with the hose and gave him quite a start! He sat there looking at me like, WTH lady?!

And one to get my heart started - camouflage is a freaky thing. I constantly forget and get WAY too close to my plants without looking for the obvious and not so obvious (a.k.a. sticking your nose in a spider!). I apparently sprayed a hidden grasshopper the size of a 747 and the next thing I know this jumbo jet of an insect is heading right for me!!! AAAGGGH. Magical, but in a very different way. LOL.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor