SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mjhuntingtonbeach

Stargazer Plumeria, any idea why the leaves always turn yellow?

mjhuntingtonbeach
11 years ago

Back in 2008 I bought a cutting from 1-stop-aloha in Hawaii on ebay. The variety is called "Stargazer". It rooted fine, grew some nice leaves, but once there are three or four leaves, the oldest always turns blotched, yellow and falls off. It has happened every year since then, my only plumeria that does that, and I only got flowers on it the first year, late in the season, and they were small, poorly developed, not the beautiful flowers that were attached to the ebay add. Well here we are, 4 years into it, it has been in a 7 gallon since last year and it is doing it again. I am ready to cut it into tiny pieces and put it into the green waste recycling bin.

Any ideas what this might be? A virus? Chronic bacterial infection? Fungus? I have about 25 different plants and this is the only one that does this. I am close to the beach, and regularly have cool damp nights, so not many plumeria do their best, but I can understand the mildew, I can understand washed out colors due to lack of heat, and the late in season leafing out that many of them demonstrate, but this weird yellowing and leaf loss leaves me at a loss lol.

Thanks for any advice or thoughts.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets