SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hfk123

OKC Area Source for Live Oaks

HFK123
18 years ago

Hi,

I think I'll have enough extra cash this Fall to buy a Live Oak. For the sake of the warranty I'll pay the Nursery to plant it. Is there a particular Nursery in the OKC area that is known to be reliable with such things, and might cary a nice-size Live Oak? I may be able to spend as much as $600 for the tree and planting so I'm looking for something relatively mature.

One more thing: my research here has led me to believe that Quercus Fusiformus (aka Quercus Virginianus var Fusiformis) is the most desireable Live Oak for Oklahoma conditions. I contacted several Nurseries early in the Summer and none could tell me if their trees were Fusiformus. How should I resolve this problem, or is it important enough to attempt resolution?

There is one thing I'll do before I buy: I first noticed Live Oaks while visiting an organic nursery in Austin earlier this year. I was stunned by the beauty of the trees on the property (it appeared to ba an old homestead). I'm going to call the Nursery and ask just what type of Live Oaks those are.

Thanks

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting