SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hmiller_gw

First-time Gardner With Cayenne Peppers - Problems

hmiller
16 years ago

Hi,

I'm new to growing peppers. I've grown herbs and stuff before without issues, but I'm having a few problems with my Cayenne pepper plant. I purchased it already started in a small pot and transplanted it into a bigger pot. It had some peppers starting on it when I purchased it, and I've only had it for maybe two weeks. When I purchased it, it was remarkably healthy.

A lot of the leaves turned from a deep green to a light green to a yellowish green, and now many of the leaves have fallen off. ...All in areas that buds look like they were beginning to form. As a matter of fact, the very tips of the leaves begin with a tiny touch of brown that seems to spread up the leaf. There are also a lot of little brownish blackish dots on some leaves. Most of the damage seems to have occurred in the newest areas of the plants, it's damaging my plant from top down it seems. The bottom leaves of the plant are still in decent shape, but all of the new buds have fallen off and the plant seems like it's in some sort of limbo.

We've had a problem with beetles before on other plants, so I purchased some "Organocide" and sprayed the indicated amount on the leaves. And since, I haven't noticed any bugs on any of my plants nor have I noticed any additional damage on any of my other plants.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong with my pepper plant??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Photos:

{{gwi:1176639}}
{{gwi:1176641}}
{{gwi:1176643}}
{{gwi:1176646}}
{{gwi:1176648}}
{{gwi:1176650}}
{{gwi:1176652}}
{{gwi:1176654}}
{{gwi:1176656}}
{{gwi:1176657}}