SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mike_in_maryland

The Big Key West West Cuttings Are Akive

mike_in_maryland
9 years ago

Back in late February I received some pretty big cuttings from a wonderful lady in Key West. One is now showing nice leaf growth and the others have significant "fangs" pushing out so all is well. New to plumeria my first was purchased in Hawaii last August, seemed to do well for the remainder of the growing season last year, and now has very nice leaf growth. Only about 12" tall, but seems happy. I'm not sure why, maybe from "Grow Hawaii", but my first one I planted in a 50/50 mixture of Palm-Cactus soil and Perlite. With one of my new plants ready to transplant this coming weekend, I did some research on this great forum and was checking for what seems to be the preference; gritty mix. With great advice from everyone on care of container plumies, here's my question...I'm not sure of putting the new root ball in a 32 oz. medium of Palm-Cactus/Perlite directly into the new gritty mix? My real fear is if I knock off all of the old mix, will I damage the new roots transplanting?

Bill, the Dr. Earth 4-10-7 seems to be working really well; many thanks for the recommendation. I know you mentioned a bit more expensive than others, but I purchased a couple of 4 lb. boxes off the web for almost next to nothing.

Best to all,

Mike

Comments (11)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH