SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kt2fl

My haul from the Clear Lake PSA sale today

Kenny
10 years ago

I made it to my first PSA sale today. We got there around 7:45 as many vendors were starting to unload the goodies from the back of their trucks.

I was able to get what I want except for one. Thanks Jen (jandey) for helping me spot Grapette from a vendor's table. She such an experienced shopper! As I was being overwhelmed by the huge selection of plants among plants and struggled to find Grapette, I heard "Kenny!" and there Jen was with a huge 3-tip Grapette in her hands.

My next target was Raspberry Sundae. A lot of sellers had this one but I couldn't tell which was which some were not in bloom. I left my shopping cart with my friend while I snaked through an endless sea of plumieholics. I stumbled upon the most amazing RS plant I could find. It has 2 tips with 2 inflos blooming. A lot of people passed by my cart and drooled at my RS.

I'm still staying at the hotel and thought I'd share my experience at the PSA event. I got to meet Jen and Kms today. He was very helpful as well. I heard they both scored great plants today! Thank you for an awesome experience!

Here is my loot:

I also got a Lemon Drop from George but it's about 4ft tall and is currently staying in the car :)

Raspberry Sundae

I took lots of pictures and so did Jen. Hopefully I can get these all sorted out by the time I'm back home tomorrow.

Kenny

Comments (66)

• beachplant
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

George, saw you in passing, sorry didn`t get to speak with you. You have several on my want list, I need to send you an e-mail and come visit later in the summer to make a purchase.

We got in early, got the first four of my list from Florida colors, an Ammarons curly white from another vendor and headed for the checkout counter. Spent just over my budget, they came to $224 total. I actually would have bought more but the lines were just way too long after we went back in.
    Divine 5 tip, 2 inflos $55
    Chocco Delight, 2 tip
    Butterfly Gold 1 tip
    Coliseum sunset
    Ammarons Curly-4 tip, 4` tall $26, we about never got this in the Mustang LOL!
    It was great to see everyone and meet Jen finally.
    There was a huge selection of plants and tons left when most people were in line. It was hard to resist so many more trying to make me buy them. We did stop at Lowes on the way home and picked up a bunch of stuff from the clearance racks including white dwarf canna.

There was one vendor selling crinums bulbs for $20 each!! I have a few thousand dollars worth in my front yard.

KMS and Jen had that cart PACKED with plumeria. K stood in line while Jen went out for more. Tag team shopping.
    See you in July! I`m renting a truck this time.
    Tally HO!

• citizen_insane
    10 years ago

Beachplant,
    I saw Jen and Kms. They came back again. They were like kids in a candy store. LOL

Most vendors were expensive. I priced my plants very reasonable ($25-$35). One was selling Penang Peach (same size as mine) for $70. I had mine at $35. I sold about 90 plants.

George

• Related Discussions

PSA sale is tomorrow!

Q

Comments (27)
    Hi James! Nice to see you! I just went and re-read that article at plumeria101. Thanks for reminding me. I've never used Fungaway but did use Bayer Advanced 3 in 1. Last year, with "life" happening, I didn't use anything. My rust problems were horrible. I wonder if the black tip would have been avoided had I used it routinely. I shopped in the wrong place yesterday and couldn't find some of my staple items. Fish emulsion cost me twice as much and I could not get Bayer products. I ended up with a Bonide copper fungicide that I hope will work. It's almost time for rust to start! Grrrrr on that! K - what are you going to do about 8 tips? Will you try to remove some of them? My Yolanda tip sealed over and she is pushing 6 tips now. The dumbest thing about my Waimea black tipping was that I kept procrastinating on cutting the tip off. Finally one day I went out and just whacked off a good 6 inches, making sure to go that far so I was past any rot. Well, had I taken the time to actually look at it, I would have found that it was already pushing more tips! Hmph! I console myself with the fact that there was probably rot there anyway, right? I mean that is right, right?? lol
    ...See More

PSA Plant sale in Corpus Christi

Q

Comments (16)
    Well I just got back home. I called John on Thursday since he is the only one that had a list of available plants. Raspberry Sunday, was not on the list, neither was Heirloom, or Wildfire. There was a Jeannie Moragne. I went to buy it, when I got there it was a grafted plant, for $60. I walked away from it, you can get it for $20 at FC. I did get two noid thai rooted plants that Allene had at the sale. I would have bought them all, but another lady, had the same idea I did. Allene spends as much as $300 for some of her Thai plants. She has an entire Thai plant collection. They had dozens of 5 ft plumeria seedlings for $10 each, problem was they were not blooming. My friend Janice, had the best time talking to all the sellers, since they were not busy, she loved the attention. Janice bought a hugh Aztec Gold for $30, and some of Allenes Thai noid rooted plants. Frank told us that we should be able to ID the Thai plants once they bloom. What a deal! Barbra
    ...See More

Jen (Jandey) - PSA Sale in Clear Lake 6/9/12

Q

Comments (37)
    Hello Everyone, K, Sounds like you have a great collection with your new additions... SO..? I need to ask? Ammmhmmm... How many did you trip when you burst thru the doors? Really? LMAO!!! I want to go shopping with you to this sale next year. I know you are one guy that "gets it" LOL...So. Congratulations fom all of us ladies that would love to have a DH just like you!!! LOL... I know you mean well, but would you really do that? : ) Don't worry, i know the truth!!! I watched the security at the show...LOLOLOLO!!! Nice moves... " ) Joan, I like your list too! Jen, How is the new TLD? Is it what you wanted? Did K help you? or did he pick up yours!! You have a great sense of humor K...We all love to mess with you!!! It is nice to have one of the guys right in the middle of all of those women. You are brave!!! I cant wait to see all of the pics... I was out in Indiana at a family reunion, learning about plowing, cows and how to drive a huge Case Tractor. I will say the i can drive those huge babies and i had a ball.. SO Dave P... I can do this even with nails... LOL... The farmers were quite impressed!!! LOL. I even drove a John Deere with all of the equipment spraying Nitrogen on the corn... I haven;t heard the last from the family yet on that one. LOL... They offered me a job!! : ) Sorry i missed the sale and all of the action... Take care, Laura
    ...See More

Ft. Bend PSA Sale on Saturday

Q

Comments (38)
    I wanted to let every know what I bought home beside my Wildfire. I also bought a penang peach 14 inches tall, with 3 tiny tips, and a Bill Moragne, 20 inches 1 tip, both are 1 inch thick. K bought 4 plants, all I remember is that his California Sally, was as thick as a log. He got some really nice plants to add to his collection. We got to meet Nancy and Emerson, and Tex. We got to visit with Joan, who introduced me to Ivysmom. I got to meet everyone that I wanted to, and I don't think I even needed those feathers. It was a great day. Barbra
    ...See More
  • Kenny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I got back from Houston and unloaded everything from the car. All 5 plants made it just fine thanks to our impeccable stacking/packing skills. This is after I loaded them at 7AM this morning.

Here they are in my backyard (which will need another mow/trim again after only a few days).

The temperatures are starting to warm up tomorrow. We're getting 90s temps for the first time! All of my plumerias have fully leafed out.

George,

It was a pleasure getting to meet you and I really appreciate the TLD that you saved for me. It's the most robust one in my collection. Can't wait to see it flowers this season!

Kenny

This post was edited by k2fl on Sun, Jun 9, 13 at 20:35

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

George, I will see you at the next PSA sale. Can't wait to meet you. Tally, you will not believe this, but I have a Ammarons Curly white. I just found out yesterday. It has a label saying Madri Gras and date April 2006, yesterday was the first time it bloomed. I wonder how many of my other plants are mislabeled. I just can't seem to get rid of those white plumeria. I have my original Madri Gras, that I purchased from Florida Colors I have never had a problem with plants I bought from Carol, they are always true to the name. I will sell it to make room for a Mr Ambassador, if I am lucky enough to find one. Barbra

• astrl
    10 years ago

Wow, nice haul. Makes me wish I was closer.

Sun Harbor Nursery is having their annual plumeria tour next Saturday. Woot!

astrl

• citizen_insane
    10 years ago

Hey Kenny,
    it was a pleasure meeting you too. I so glad that big plant made it intact. Good job. Those two inflos should be opening up within a week. Enjoy.

Barbra I look forward to meeting you too.

George

• pcput
    10 years ago

Sounds like a good time was had by all :)
    Congrats on all the nice buys
    Peg

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Barbra,

Thank you for thinking of me. I sold two, gave away two and will give away another four. That will bring my count to 70 or 80 I don't quite know yet (will take a head count tomorrow). I have decided to keep them all until such a time where I simply can't find room for one more.

Additionally, I had a talk with Wildfire. If she doesn't show some signs of waking up soon then she will find herself at the bottom my my trash can! Let's see how she will respond.

Now I need to find a blooming RS! I don't know why our plants sale are so late in the season! Wish it was now instead of September.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Ohhh you guys looks like you had sooo much fun!!! Sigh...

I think all of the purchases were wonderful. Butterfly Gold,,, awesome!!

I just love the RS too. She is a beauty!!!

Wish I was there to meet everyone, that is the best part besides holding the cart as others pass by and check out the "loot". K... I would have given anything to see you guarding Jen's cart!!! What a great friend!!! Kudos to you.... ;-).

Thank you all for the great pics and letting us feel like we were there thru the post. Sounds wonderful....

Maybe one day...

Take Care,

Laura

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Yes, this is definitely one time when you need back-up! But like I said, that also means you and your partner are limited to how many plants you can get if you share a basket:

After I took that photo I realized I could squeeze one more in it, teehee.
    Early on during the sale:

We're talking MAJOR selection here, the best I've ever seen:

Helpful photography:

That's Ms. Randolph behind the sign. She always has great plants!

Did I mention the massive selection?

That was Florida Color's terrific selection of rooted plants--call them even if you think they only have grafts!

And if you were overwhelmed by plum-nesia and forgot what the different flowers look like, there was this handy bloom table:

And then more photos scattered around:

The two lines to check out were very long again:

And towards 11am plants were getting thin, but better than last year:

People had creative ways of keeping their purchases to the side while they shopped:

I had time while K guarded the basket to look at the floral displays. That's Heirloom from Barbara Randolph in the front, looking very orange this season:

And check out these beauties:

I'll be looking for those maybe next year. I feel fortunate to have gotten the four great ones I did this year:

Thank you, George, for the wonderful Hawaiian Sunset with double inflo (score!), and for all the advice. It was great to meet you!

Wish some more of you guys could make it--it really is a very special sale! I loved meeting everyone and there's always so much to learn from the experienced growers there.

After we loaded our purchases into the cars we came back in and chatted and browsed some more, which was great after the crowds thinned out. There were still several excellent plants left that I could see, but of course anything with an inflo was gone!

Kenny and his friend and I had lunch together afterward and got to compare notes on what we found. Bliss!

My better half was outside checking the mail when I got home driving his SUV, leaves peeking out over the dashboard. No way I could sneak those babies into the backyard without him seeing. Busted! LOL!

I found the NOID red I'd been waiting for years to bloom had finally opened up--yay! Smells incredible, too:

A very good day!

• pcput
    10 years ago

Great pics Jen! Thank you so much for taking the time to post them and everyone who shared their pics with us. Like Laura I wish I could go and share the plumeria talk with everyone. It's always good to put a face with a name. What great finds and love your new bloom Jen. Peg

• Kenny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jen,

Your Kimi Beauty is huge! I didn't realize they have it. Might just be me fixating on getting Grapette that I didn't notice haha.

Here is my photos from the event. We got there super early! I think Barbara said 1 hour before the door opens is early enough. So while we were in the car having breakfast, the sellers arrived with plumies by the truck full. I got to talk to some of them as they were unloading. There were a few people who were already there lurking around. They saw something they like and asked vendors to hold those plants for them. Glad I wasn't the only crazy one :)

By the time they let us in, the whole area looked like this

Panoramic view:

Samples from a local grower

Heirloom

huge Raspberry Sundae bloom

I think this one is Mary Helen Eggenberger

Grapette!

I was told this one is Jackie

More from the bloom display table:

Ah Jeannie M. looking gorgeous!

I made sure every inch of the table is covered. I'd do a panoramic but there were people behind and in front of me :)

Also found this from a vendor table. A huge hibiscus bloom

Hope everyone enjoy these photos.

Kenny

• Kenny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I thought I'd put more bloom pictures of the JJ plants I found at Buchanan's. Prepare for more drool induced visuals:

This one was displayed right at the front. A 5-gal California Sunset! I love the scent!

This is what they have left as of June 07, 2013.

I think this one is a Delightful

There were a few Dragon Tears, one was really close to fully open.

There was an older man dressed in business casual attire lurking behind me when I was checking out the JJ selections. After I left, he snatched up Super Round and Jenny ($50 each) and drove off in his convertible luxury Lexus.

Maybe I should have told him about the PSA sale that was set to take place on that same weekend.

Kenny

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    10 years ago

I am going to suggest that The PSA ask Lowes to bring the metal flatbed carts for the July sale instead of the smaller shopping carts. :)

Jokes of course because who would want the liability of someone being run over by a metal cart loaded with plumerias being pushed by someone (no names here) trying to make it to "Table U" before the last Mango Blush is gone.

Sorry I missed the post sale lunch. I had an important promised boogie boarding lesson to give K & M and they were jumping out of their skin ready to go to the beach.
    {{gwi:1175717}}

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Tell my DH to hurry home!!!

Lololololol...

Wouldn't that be nice... I think the world would stop spinning if I ever saw my DH with two Plumies in hand in the check out line.. If anything, he would be sitting outside putting drops in his eyes.. ;-). Yes... Allergies.. LMAO!!!

Kenny... You made me drool more than you realize... All of the pics.. All of the excitement!!! Sigh! I think I NEED a Raspberry Sundae! Ok..I said it!!! I need, no want... Lol!!! Sorry, thinking out loud...

Thanks for getting the heart pumping right at this moment... I need something to lift me right now.. Thanks!!!

Laura

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Jen. You took some great photos and got some awesome plants, congrats

Kenny, ouch.. thats mighty pricey for those 2 he picked up. thanks for all your pictures!

It really looks and sounds like everyone had a great time. Now I have to add Raspberry Sundae to my list for next year.

That one doesnt look like Delightful to me unless they are really washed out plus the petals just dont look right. I could be wrong

here is mine to compare. I guess it could be but the picture on the card is really not Delightful

• Kenny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mike,

I think those may have been faded Jenny blooms that I thought was Delightful. There was a 5-gal Delightful there also for $95.

I wonder if Buchanan's marks down their JJ plants for clearance after the season is almost over. Has the selection of JJ plants at Southwood dwindled down any yet?

Kenny

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Kenny

That could be true. Maybe when Im there next Ill try and swing by and check them out. I picked up Jenny last year but had to sacrifice the inflo because it was so poorly rooted. I dont remember what the flower are like. It had about a half inch root on it. Fortunately I was able to get it to root and it has fully leafed out this year. No inflo yet.

southwood had sold all but one larger plant and had about 5 of the 18 smaller plants as of last friday. Robert mentioned that they told him they were getting more this thursday but I imagine they will be getting the 5-gal ones. It was the same last year. Smalls ones first then a few weeks later the larger one. if they get a 5 gallon inca gold I may have to sell some stuff and get that sucker!! LOL

Theirs are 30% off right now. Its a special they are running for their 30 anniversary.

Why does JJ label some Premium (fill in the blank) Obviously he knows what color it is so why not just call it by name.

Mike

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

My Raspberry Sundae was purchased from Brad. Even if it isn't listed on his site, I would give him a call.

Late winter she pushed an inflo and ever so slowly opened one bloom. It was a rather small flower, never reaching it's potential, and then the buds began to fall off or turn black. I believe it should have been given more water than what it was given.

As of now there are 4 very small buds so I'm hoping the inflo is going to keep going without those past problems.

Oh, I meant to add that I thought that Barbra had also bought a RS from Brad. Is my memory that bad? :)

This post was edited by moonie_57 on Mon, Jun 10, 13 at 19:05

• Kenny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Moonie,

I think Brad offers the "Thai" Raspberry Sundae. The one at the PSA sale is a registered cultivar by the late Eileen Hill. Barbara Randolph told me Eileen grew it from seed and registered it with the PSA. I don't know how much it typically goes for but Barbara said I got a good deal on my RS last weekend.

Kenny

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

Ok, I'll be crying for the next few hours since my RS is not "THE" RS. Seriously, I'm in pain!

LOL (not really laughing) :(

• beachplant
    10 years ago

George, I saw those expensive penang peach, they were not nearly as impressive as yours, for much less!
    Forgot also picked up a 2 tip Grove Farm $29 with the other 5.
    M.Hockenberger was the seler.

I have Dragon Tears coming from JJs, along with 3 others, price match from Lowes. Shipping was $31 on 3 1 gallon and 1 2 gallon plant.

Barb, I`m not big on yellow or white myself but I like it`s big curly flowers. Of course, what is blooming now? 2 yellow and white.
    Gotta take pics tomorrow.

Jen, that`s a good pic of the back of my head behind that cart full of plants.
    Tally HO!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Moonie, after last years PSA sale I bought a beautiful Raspberry Sundae by mail from Barbara Randolph, it had 3 small tips. I took it to the coast, but did not sink the small pot in the dirt, kept it outside in a pot on the drive( I have a sprinkler system). I had extensive shoulder surgery Nov 6th, and did not go down for about 7 weeks. When we drove down, the RS was in the yard, all it roots gone the pot was laying next to it. I repotted it in cactus mix, since I was not able to make the gritty mix( my arm was in a sling). I was not able to get it to root, and lost it. I have never bought from Brad. All my plumeria come from Texas Plumeria growers, and Florida Colors. Barbra

• pcput
    10 years ago

Thanks for posting your pics Kenny! Us on the east coast have to live though those pics :)
    Peg

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Tally, I thought that was your pretty red hair!

Peg, if you'd been there your eyes would've been the size of dinner plates--it's almost too much to take in. I kept trying to have conversations with other growers but my eyes kept flitting around the room instead!

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

With all this talk about RS can anyone help me find one please?

Thank you!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

No- Clue, No Way!!! You are trying to downsize.
    I will check with Barbara and see if she will have any rooted by the next PSA sale, if its ok with K, I will pick one up for you. Since this will cut down on his shopping cart space. She was getting $70-$90 for her plants she sold before the PSA sale. Is that price ok ? They may have been less at the PSA sale, I really don't know. Kenny can you help me out here. What was the going price for a raspberry sundae at the Clear Lake PSA sale? It should be the same at the next sale. Last year they were $50 for a nice plant, but they were sold out before I even got thru the door. Barbra

• beachplant
    10 years ago

I saw a fair amount of Rasberry sundaes but didn`t want to stand in the line when we went back. Around $50 to $90 it seems. I made Jim go early and ran in, I expected a more unruly crowd-like at the tropical plant sales, and expected to find far fewer plants. Even after 2 hours I could have found 95% or more of my want list. That darn problem with money. Penang Peach was everywhere.

I didn`t pick up a Slaughter Pink which I do regret. It is one of the most reliable for our area. We just pulled it back into place, it fell over, after Ike and it did great until the killer freeze

Barb, are a lot of the same sellers at the Ft. Bend sale? I could take a page from your book and just pre-buy from the ones that are not .
    Tally HO!

• elucas101
    10 years ago

Oh man, thank so much for the pictures you guys!!! Wow, I will make it there one of these days, sounds like you all had a blast!

Jen - that Kimi beauty is AMAZING!!! GREAT score!!! I am so happy - yesterday I discovered an inflo on my Kimi Beauty and this is extra great because last year she developed 2 inflos very late in the season and I lost both of them. I should finally get to see her bloom!!!

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Shush Barbra, no one needs to know if I sneak one back in! It's ok... many of you said I can fit in more. Besides I'm trying to add more colors so I will let go of more whites, I promise!

You know how I have been lusting after RS since last year. I just want a decent size w/ inflos already! LOL. I know that's a lot to ask for. That price is fine.

Will they ship to me directly? Thank you!

• Kenny
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lynn,

You ARE a true addict lol...that's why we're here to enable. Ok, I got my RS from Barbara's friend (she was at the table next to Barbara) for $50. Barbara, herself, said it's such a nice plant and i got a great deal on it. As a matter of fact, she almost bought it before the door opened.

I talked to one of my friends on Facebook she said Barbara charges $70 for a single tip RS. When I talked to Barbara, she said she has a couple of RS rooting and won't be ready until September. Also, Barbara won't be at the Ft Bend sale next month. I think she's sending someone named Jerry to go in her place. I don't know all the details yet. She has lots of Aztec Gold and Mardi Gras plants for sale if anyone needs one of those. :)

Kenny

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Lynn, do you think you will have those white ones gone by September? I found the list of sellers names and phone numbers that I emailed Tally last August, I will call next week, and try to locate a plant for you. I just can't figure out what my finders fee is going to be? I think I will charge you the same as I did Andrew, for finding Bill Morange. Wish me luck. Andrew, how is Bill doing?? In fact how are you doing, you sure have been quite lately. Barbra

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Kenny, if I can give some away then it's not really an addiction is it? Haha.

Barbra... Yes I can! Can you see if you can find a two tips though? Thank you!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

I will do my best, you need to let me know what your dollar limit is, I will need to know before I do my calling. I think $70 is too much for a 1 tip plant, but I need to know what you think. Last year Barbara charged me $40 for a tall plant that was 1 tip just starting to make 3 tips. This year she said do to supply and demand, she was getting $70 for a single tip plant . I should have never given her phone number out to everyone last year. Barbra

• beachplant
    10 years ago

$70 is too much for a one tip plant. I passed on several from my list because I just don`t want to pay $90 for a plant. With their rapid growth and easy care it`s just cheaper,and easier to buy smaller ones and watch them grow.

I know there is a guy on the other side of Houston who has rs, he has 250 varieties, I`ve never been to see him. Too afraid! I do have bills to pay lol.

Tally HO!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Kenny, do you remember the name of the seller that you bought your plant from? That is where I will start my search, if you can give me the name. I don't think Lynn can wait until Sept. Barbra

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Barbra,

$70 for one tip is steep. Will waiting until Sept gives me a better chance for a 2 tipper? If so I can wait.

Thank you!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Kenny, I think you bought your plant from Paula, I called her but she did not have any left. Lynn I will be mailing your RS to you and to the others that requested them. Barbra

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Barbra, did you track down Mr. Ambassador?

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Yes Jen, I did. Barbra

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Oh my, I just heard back from German. I just bought a 4 tip Mr Ambassador $45, Bill Moragne for $35. I asked him if he had any 2 tip Raspberry Sundae. Yes, Lynn I was looking for you. He said he only had one it had 3 tip, but 3 ft tall. I asked if it could be mailed out, he said it was too tall. If I would take it, I could have it for $65, I was not planning on buying another RS, but God works in mysterious ways. I am writing the check out now. I really wanted to get another Wildfire, everyone is looking for one, so I think I just might keep this RS and look for Wildfire next year. Barbra

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Awe... that's so awesome Barbra! I'm so happy for you. RS is GORGEOUS so nothing wrong with having two! Thank you for always thinking of me. Take picture when you get her so we can all admire her from a far. :)

• beachplant
    10 years ago

Now I must have a RS! LOL! I may look at the July sale if I make it, otherwise I`ll track one down around here.

{{gwi:1175718}}
    Divine from PSA sale on left, cutting from Derrick of another on the right

{{gwi:1175720}}
    Grove Farm

{{gwi:1175721}}
    Butterfly Gold

and a picture of the bench I just finished painting,for no good reason.
    Tally HO!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Tally was that a antique single bed, that was made into a bench? Its perfect for yard art, I love it! Barbra

• beachplant
    10 years ago

It`s an old double bed. Jim did the work, I sanded and painted. The seat is made of this giant slabs of heavy wood, also recycled. The paint is the color the house trim will eventually be.
    Tally HO!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

I love the color combination, what a great idea. Barbra

• plumygirl
    10 years ago

Also have a rooted J-105 available.

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Tally, that bench is fabulous! What a great idea! Love the pics of your garden--is there any way you can make them a bit bigger? Yeah, I know, I'm demanding :-)

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Jen, just left click on the pictures, they get much bigger. I wish I could build things. I just learned how to use a dremel last month. I do need to blow my own horn, and let you know I am really getting good at breaking lava rock with my hammer. Barbra

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    10 years ago

I am also a ninja at lava rock crushing. :)

Sponsored
Your Source for Innovative Home Technology & Automation Solutions