SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gill_s

Pimiento Padron Peppers Leaf Curl/Yellowing

Gill_S
10 years ago

Hello All-
I have a pimiento padron pepper plant in a 2 gallon container(nursery bought and planted on April 20th @ approx 4 inches tall). It did great until the last 7-10 days and then the top leaves started to show crinkle/curl and a bit yellowness. The plant is about 1-1/2 feet tall now.

Soil Contains: Coconut Coir, Sand, Red Lava, Dolomite Lime, Nitroform 38-0-0, Iron Sulfate, Triple Superphosphate, Calcium Nitrate

Container Size: 2 Gallons(Black Plastic)

1 Feeding 3 days ago with organic fertilizer(soil top mix) that has 9% calcium and 4% nitrogen. Can't remember what else is there.

The weather here in my city(in San Francisco Bay Area) has fluctuated from 58 to 80 in the last month. Fog, clouds, extreme sun, wind and even one little shower.

I water it every time I see the top leaves/stems wilt by about 45degrees. Around 6 hours of south facing sun(5 days a week) Never water on the leaves. There are around 10+ flowers on the plant. The little drops of water you see on the leaves are from last night's little drizzle.

Just today I noticed that my Thai Dragon Chilli plant has started to show the same signs(early signs).

No pests other than when I checked all over the plant, I found one little 2cm or so light green larve type crawly. Have seen one or two like those on my lettuce, mustard and radish leaves. Removed them all.

Any help on correcting the issue? Read extensively and I can only think of calcium deficiency. Since I applied fertilizer, should I wait and see?

Thanks much and please excuse if something is not right in the post - first timer here!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor