SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tomartoes

Peppers look poorly after mite attack

tomartoes
15 years ago

My fellow green fingered surfers. Can anyone help?

I have been growing peppers in the UK indoors under artificial light (mini bell peppers, tabasco, big banana, prarie fire). It's still a bit cold to put them outside. They are two months old, on their fourth or fifth set of leaves and about 3 to 5 inches high.

One week ago I had a problem with tiny white mites in the soil (not on the leaves). They were tiny, round and slow moving. Almost invisible to the naked eye. I think i might have brought them in on stakes from the garden that I kept from last year. Anyway i treated them by spraying a mixture of garlic and chilli soaked water with soap(tip I got off google). The bugs disappeared after a couple of days, but now the plants look really sorry for themselves. The leaves have gone yellow with black specks all over the tips and some of the lower leaves have shrivelled up and fallen off.

Is this the bugs or a reaction to the spray? Do they need natural light? Or do I need to give them a dose of epsom salts or bone meal? I haven't fed them at all as I have killed my tomato seedlings by over feeding. If so how much do I add?

Hope you can help. Tom.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville