SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19774863

Black Cuban seed from ottawapepper

11 years ago

Hi,

With the exception of Bruce, I didn't keep track of / don't remember who I sent Black Cuban seeds to.

Based on my growing out ten, I need to warn folks some may not grow true. Based on my limited starts, 20%, two of my ten starts are looking the same as my NuMex Twilight plants, green leafs and no sign of purple/black variegation. At first when they were a few weeks old I thought it was just the light coloured leaves I've seen some Cuban starts had exhibited in the past and usually corrects itself after the plants grow out further.

Best I can figure, one of two things happened:

1) I somehow mixed some Twilight seeds in with my Black Cuban seed (highly unlikely); or

2) I screwed up and didn't adequately isolate the Cuban mother plant from a close by Twilight and collected seed from pods that had crossed? The more probable cause.

Anyhow, my apologies to anyone who grew the seed out and didn't get 100% pure seed.

I'm growing my plants out to see if any mutations happen if any. Worse case scenario is I get another Twilight which is a nice plant in it's own right.

I'd be interested to hear back from anyone growing out the seeds I sent.

Bill

Comments (14)

Sponsored