SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyanne_2010

When can my plumeria go out for the summer?

nancyanne_2010
13 years ago

I just started growing plumeria - bought two unrooted cuttings at a garden show in february. Rooted them in one gallon containers - Both have lots of leaves and one is about to flower. They are both well rooted and now are in two gallon containers. One is pink and one is yellow - don't know the varieties.

Want to put them out for the summer - they have been going out for at least a few hours every day it's been over 50F (place they are at with balcony full sun is 10F higher - the wood balcony heats them up pretty well from the roots)

This spring has been exceptionally cold and wet so the plumeria have not been left out all night. Most of my plants are usually out for the summer by now --- but not this year (a few of the hardier sub tropicals are left out now) My apartment is pretty small and I only have a small light set up which is getting very full (since plant have to stay inside at night) Everything goes out on nice days and everything is very healthy and growing very well so I do not need a lecture about how putting them outside for a few hours on nice days is "bad for my plants" (I've already had that "lecture")

When can the plumeria go out for the summer? What night temperature should I look for before they go out until fall? Tonight is suppose to get to 49F - I know they drop leaves if it gets below 50F. It's been a very cold spring (so far it hasn't been above 75F - the latest ever - although it has been close a few times)

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living