SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tropicalzone7_gw

My plumeria 'Divine' is just about to open its first flower

tropicalzone7
13 years ago

This plumeria is a really great flowerer for me. It has 4 inflos. The inflo that is about to flower was first spotted in late march when I sent it outside. It has seen lots of different weather from 40s to 90s in April to cloudy and cool days in May and warm sunny ones too. But the inflo looks pretty healthy considering all the neglect and Im thinking the first flower might open today.

Heres a pic of the bud about to open. When do you think its going to open?? Im thinking this evening.

;
;

;
;

;
;

Also heres a pic of a few of my other plumerias which are still in grow mode.

This is a new plumeria of mine. It was slow to get started growing but now it is growing pretty well. It has no ID.

My plumeria pudica. It was nearly dead when I took it ouside because of spider mites so I put it in the ground in one of my best spots and it has made a really good recovery since. I will dig it up in the fall and pot it up before bringing it indoors. And my lilies are blooming very well in the background. The palm leaf in the foreground is a livingstonia which Im trying outdoors this winter to see if it survives. With protection it shouldnt have too much damage.

This is my pretty princess plumeria. It bloomed once but not very well since it had spider mites (and I think you can guess where it was when it got the spider mites...indoors). It was another slow plumeria to get started but is finally putting some good growth.

Heres my first and largest plumeria. It is probably close to 6 feet tall. Its finally growing normal sized leaves but it still isnt gaining a lot of height yet. Hopefully it will soon. I think its time to add some fish emultion (not sure of the spelling of "emultion").

Ill post some pics of my divine when it blooms (maybe later today). I recommend divine to anyone especially those who are growing plumerias in pots and has to bring them indoors or those who just want a interesting tropical shrub in their warm climates. This is the only plumeria that really took off right where it left off last year and it didnt lose that many leaves indoors either (it had some spidermites but seemed completely unfazed). I also didnt water it once and it still kept most of its leaves. It did lose a lot of leaves when it went outside but it looks good now!

Thanks for looking. Anyone who has had an experience with divine, I would really like to see some pics or some stories! Hope everyone's plumerias are doing well.

-Alex

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor