SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bramasole_gw

Please help my poor plumeria!!!!

bramasole
15 years ago

Okay, I've had it for 3 days and I've already gone wrong! Can you all help me figure out what this is and what to do about it?

1) Are the brown spots sunburn? I can't believe I didn't see this coming... Will it be okay if I leave it in shade/indirect sun until 12pm daily and then move it into direct sun gradually, maybe leaving it out until 1pm the next day, 2pm the next, and so on? I am also thinking of leaving it inside near a window for the next 4 days while I have to be out of town... is that ok?

2) Could the yellowing of the leaves be over or underwatering? I got it Saturday, watered it Sunday and then again Monday because it has been scorching hot! (95-100). Is that too much for it? It was in soil with sand, and now I've replanted the original rootball and original soil in 2/3 perlite, 1/3 aged Miracle Grow (3 months old). Also, shouldn't I drench the soil once since I repotted it? I haven't watered since repotting last night, for fear of wrecking more leaves...

3) I decided to angle it differently and cover a "black hole" near the base where another branch used to be. The whole seems old and dried out. Do you all think it's a problem I covered it?

Thanks so much in advance for any advice! I am so in love with this thing, especially since repotting it, it hurts! I feel like an idiot to have several of its beautiful green leaves turn brown and yellow within 3 days...

Comments (3)