SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
putri_gw

Suflower gone bad!wilting, powdery..

putri
16 years ago

My sunflower is looking awfully right now. I planted to sunflowers a 2 months ago and one of the sunflower had already sprouted lots of flowers while the other one is just gaining more leaves. But then the sunflower with many flowers bloomed,the plant started to wilt and didn't get any taller then eventually turned brown so I dug that up and threw it away. Not long after that my other sunflower plant, the one with alot of leaves bloomed and grew tall. then a huge flower bloomed. The flower lasted a couple of weeks then it just started to wilt along with some of the leaves of my plant. I also noticed that the leaves had alot of holes and there are many grasshoppers on them.The leaves also have what seems to be white dust all over them with some leaves looking yellow.. The plant also stopped growing any taller after blooming a couple of flowers. What is wrong with my plant? I haven't done anything to this plant yet. cause I still have hope the plant will reive. I didn't cut the flowers even though it's wilted already cause I'm waiting for the floer to dry and grow seeds. I also have tried to get rid of the grasshoppers and white stuff from the leabes by spraying the leaves with a solution consisting of garlic and mild soap. But it haven't changed the white colored leaves. Can anyone explain to me what is happening to my plant?Or is my plant invaded by a disease? Any advice? I appreciate the help. Thanks.

Comment (1)