SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valentinetbear

Dead, Brown Spots on Leaves

17 years ago

(For anyone tempted to tell me to do a search on this, I have -- to the point of being greatly surprised by the variety of spots found on leaves! LOL Have spent six hours researching.)

I'm a container gardener in Philly, where we're finally over an 8 day heat wave -- was all the way down to 89 degrees with just a little lower humidity, and I had time to look at my plants without sweat in my eyes as I was watering them.

In my backyard, my Lemon Balms, and in my front "yard" container, my first-year Dwarf Lilac, both have brown, dead, would-be-almost-completely-decayed-if-off-the-plant, spots in the middle of the leaves, as well as, some of the edging. (The Lemon Balms has some on just about every leaf, while the Dwarf Lilac is just starting.) I'm myopic enough to know that I'll never know if it's small bugs -- just can't see that well anymore. I have been watering them underneath, and I'm sure there is splash up, but both plants have these dead spots high enough up that I know it's not that. Any idea what it is? And, if you can figure it out, I'm new enough to gardening that I'll also need some idea of how to help them.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Lynn

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21