SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Freeze Warning Tonight for Most of State

The NWS has issued a Freeze Warning for most of the state (everyone but the OK panhandle) as well as portions of adjacent states. If you are in western and southern OK where the weather had been expected to stay just above freezing, that has changed and you are now included in the Freeze Warning as well.

Only the panhandle counties don't currently have a freeze warning, and I suspect that's because they probably already have had that first freeze of autumn.

Because the Freeze Warning covers a substantial time frame, it is likely any warm-season plants left uncovered will freeze.

If you have cool-season plants growing in the veggie garden, remember to check the soil moisture level today and water them if it is extremely dry. This will prevent freeze damage to roots. Even the roots of cool-season plants can suffer damage if they are in extremely dry soil.

Remember to carry container plants indoors if they are not cold-hardy.

The air might feel nippy at your place this morning, as it does at mine (40 degrees at the moment) but it will feel positively frigid tomorrow. I guess our 80- and 90-degree days may be over for this year.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: NWS-Norman Webpage

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting