SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
woohooman

germination!!!!

Please!!!!! For the love of god, err... chiles, could somebody please point me in the right direction for the bestest information to be found on the internet regarding germination of chile seeds. Whether it's a forum here on this site or another site altogether, I don't care!! I just want the best info possible. I have "some" success growing chiles and then I buy a pack of seeds and get crap results. I do the heating pad thing in seed starting formula in a little plastic greenhouse, in peat pots, with chamomile tea and soaking for a few days blah blah blah. Growing chiles shouldn't be this difficult in southern California. Don't get me wrong--- I've had great success with transplants(pony packs from the nursery Btw, one of the major suppliers of Home Depot and Lowe's is about 40 miles away, so if they can do it, I'm sure I can.) and even some I've started from seed, but sometimes I'd rather have my gallstones kick in for an attack. Why can't I find information on the internet from an authority on chile pepper germination??

Maybe it's the seeds I'm buying. :/

If that's the case, can somebody please tell me where should purchase maybe the less popular seeds/plants like maybe guajillo and maybe some thai hot? I've already decided I'm just going to wait until Lowe's has the pony packs of jalapenos, serranos, bells, and Anaheims each March.

Thanks for letting me rant a bit. And I appreciate ANY and all feedback.

Comments (36)

Sponsored