SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angelnstuff

Some kind of 'wild' watermelon?

angelnstuff
14 years ago

I'm not sure why i didn't think to post here earlier, but this July we had some random vine pop up in our yard, and since we haven't don't much in our yard this year we just let it go a little while to see what it would do, and it seems to be some kind of watermelon or something? So we've left them go until now, and there is about 30 or so melons out there now. My fiance has taken 2 in over the last month and when he cut it open, it was a yellowish-white inside, it smelled like watermelon but he said it didn't taste like anything.

heres some pictures i took awhile back, im not sure how long ago, but it was before the fruits started

And here is a pic of when we cut the first one open..

Is this what an watermelon looks like when its not ripe? i don't think I've ever seen one, i know there is also a such thing as

If these melons haven't ripened yet, do you think they still will? especially with how cold its gotten? And do we need to bring them in if it gets any colder? I kinda figured if they aren't good now they prolly wont be. so maybe we could paint or carve them for Halloween. should we leave them out in the cold or will it ruin them?

Comments (9)