SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
highergroundgardens

Peppers Plant: Wrinkled leaves, dead ends, & scarred fruit

My pepper plants started off great, and close to half of them still are doing great, but the other half started getting wrinkled leaves on it's new leaf growth about 3-4 weeks ago. Some more extreme cases are also getting dead ends (where flower should be blooming) and heavily scarred peppers. I have taken my soil in to get tested and am still waiting another couple weeks to get back results, in the mean time the problem is getting worse expenentially.
At first I thought it might be pests (thrips?) since only some of the plants were effected, but then I noticed the dead ends where flowers/new fruit should be. This made me think the wrinkled leaves, dead ends, and scarred fruit were from a nutrient deficiency, but all the plants were fertilized the same, so I'm not sure why some would be experiencing such drastic effects while others are hardly, if at all effected. Need help bad asap, has anyone seen anything like this before?

Irrigation/watering issue?
Pest Problem?
Nutrient deficiency or over-fertilizering?
Salinity issue? (we next to the ocean)

Any insight into what may be causing this would be a huge help, I've never seen plants just dead end or fruits scar like that before. I have also been slowly noticing wrinkled/tough/more leathery leaves on beans, swiss chard, & tomatoes, though I can't say they are related. Thank you!!!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional