SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
owiebrain

Howdy from MO!

owiebrain
13 years ago

The kids and I finally made it to the new house this week and are LOVING it! Lots and lots and lots of lawn to mow. The dirt is simply glorious and I cannot wait to garden in it come spring. We do appear to have moles, I think, so I'll have to read up on those suckers and how to deal with them.

This move has been a complete nightmare but it's almost over now. The moving trailers will be dropped off Monday morning. We'll spend a few days unloading and, of course, more time unpacking boxes and settling in. It will have all be worth it!

I managed to bring a few of the CRW tomato cages but had to let the scrap man take the majority of them. I remembered to bring the lemon grass and aloe vera I got from the spring swap this spring. However, I forgot to bring the lilac bush from a dear friend and the sunchokes I got from Ilene. I set my best shovel by them to dig them up right before hitting the road and then I got distracted and left all of the plants and the shovel. I was four hours from home before I remembered and, I tell you, I got sick to my stomach over it. It's not the plants so much as it is the friends behind the plants. You guys know what I mean.

This new place has quite a few decorative bushes in front of the house. Hubby and FIL butchered them before we got here as they were crowding the sidewalk. I clean them up as best I could but, really, I didn't have much of a clue, either. LOL I'll have to work on getting pictures of them posted for you guys to help identify. I'm clueless about ornamentals but need to get this figured out so I know what I want to keep and what to pull and replace for spring.

Anyway, just wanted to update you guys. I know I'll always be an honorary Okie and you'll never chase me away from this group of crazy gardeners!

Diane

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus