SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frmmi

New 15 gal trachy arrived leggy and stretched. pics

frmmi
15 years ago

I'm very disappointed in my shipment. I have a picture of a nice thick trunked palm that rotted on me and the new 15 gallon I bought. They were the same price and from the same seller, but the one I recieved has a tiny thin trunk. I'm hoping it will thicken in time.

Comments (37)

• frmmi
    Original Author
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

• jimhardy
    15 years ago

Well now its in a good home with someone who loves it!I would still contact the seller and tell them that this palm is not the size of the ones pictured,its still a nice palm,even if its not the size of your other one.Just don't tell Jay-LOL

• Related Discussions

Michigan trachy and pineapple

Q

Comments (9)
    Is that your trachy from Collector Palm.... The 15-gal one that was "leggy and stretched" when you got it? If so, I'd say it looks good after winter hibernation! Great job getting it through safely! I too have one of the same seller's trachys, the ones he is selling this year. I bought it as "oversized 5-gal" and it was advertised to be 5 feet tall, which it was. He was running them on Ebay for $75 plus $24 shipping, and was accepting offers as low as $60. His emailed pictures of the 15-gals looked thicker-trunked and tempting, but I rolled the dice on the cheaper one. The one I got is literally identical to what yours looked like when you posted pics last summer. I still think I got a pretty decent deal on it, but I decided to pot it, and decided to plant (in the yard) a much larger trachy from another source. A super deal I did get from C.P. was a needle palm I bought recently. The thing is just about 3 feet tall and wide, and it has at least 8" of thick needly trunk. It literally looks like a regular 5-gal trachy. Tons of healthy fans/fronds, and even has 3 suckers growing out. I paid $40 plus $20 shipping for that one. Off his site, not Ebay. It looks awesome in my yard near the pool and a larger trachy! I call that needle the find of the year... We are waiting on another large trachy for my friend. We will have to see if we are two-for-two with this other source. He wanted one like my bigger one, 3.5 feet of very thick trunk, 6.5 feet tall overall. For reference, they are bigger than the 30-gal pictured on the Chilly Palm site. 1/2 the price though. I'll post pics and a follow up once we get this other biggie. I think a lot of trachy-lovers around here will be pretty surprised with the size/price. It's all about the TRUNK!!
    ...See More

New seeds arrived today

Q

Comments (53)
    Thanks T-head. I think I may have mentioned earlier, these were repotted not long ago and at the time I was unaware of why these were growing this way and tried very hard to straighten them when repotted.(unaware of the habit) It was really obvious prior to that and made me think something was wrong, so I repotted and relocated. But almost all have done gone back to the "creeping" already, but kind of starting to add some height now.
    ...See More

Post Your 2009 Tomato Pics (Part 5)

Q

Comments (69)
    I like to call this picture, "Tuesday": Two Costoluto Genovese, Two Cherokee Purple, One Eva Purple Ball, One Roma, One Acorn Squash, Four Serrano Peppers, and a whole bunch of Sungolds. The CP's are that split and the CG's have a bit of sunburn, but all in all, a good day! :-)
    ...See More

Post Your 2009 Tomato Pics (Part 8)

Q

Comments (67)
    Hopefully in a week or two I'll have some nice pics of ripe tomatoes lining my kitchen counter. For now, I've harvested about 6 Stupices, 3 Bush Goliaths, 2 Isis Candies, and 10 Red Currants. Not quite exciting enough for a group photo. ;) My Opalkas are the most monstrous plants I've ever grown. One is 7' tall 60 days after being set out in the garden, and these plants are thick and bushy. They're putting on quite a few fruit now, so I'm not worried that there over-fertilized. Just ridiculously vigorous. Stupice has been producing for me, and I have good-sized green fruit on Earl's Faux, Kellogg's Breakfast, Orange Russian, Giant Belgium and Black from Tula. The Opalka plants: Some Opalka fruit - probably 2 weeks to ripe on these. Red Currant in a container - loaded with trusses of blooms and some branched trusses with up to 30 fruit: Fruit load on my Stupice:
    ...See More
  • andyandy
    15 years ago

Looks good, congrats

• jimhardy
    15 years ago

Contact the seller-I just looked at the add again and the palms in the picture have trunks about twice that size,(at least in diameter)I would contact them for sure and tell them its way smaller than the picture(be nice)maybe he will send you a big mama for the price of shipping?worth a try- alot of them really do care!

• turtile
    15 years ago

It looks like it was grown under shade cloth. After the winter, the new growth should become thicker.

• josh_palm_crazy
    15 years ago

The Chilly Palm Tree Co has some nice 15 gallon trachys.

Jay

• frmmi
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Too bad they don't ship.

• josh_palm_crazy
    15 years ago

Call him. They sure do. Why would they have a website advertising prices and sizes if they don't ship. Check out the pic below.

Jay

• jimhardy
    15 years ago

Jay,is there class I can take to learn how to make circles like that!LOL-just busting your.....circles mate.

• rockysth1
    15 years ago

Yes they do ship I talked to Sean only once and he seemed great, he gave me a great price on a nice size windmill , ( 7 gal I think ) with shipping was like 100. great deal I'm going to order in about a week or so when I get my checks , I cant wait

• josh_palm_crazy
    15 years ago

Hey Jim is not that easy making circles with a mouse! LOL!

• jimhardy
    15 years ago

Get a peice of cheese and drag it in a circle!just kidding jay!I wish I knew how to do that!I'm just jealous!Hey, whats up with that flowering banana?how about some new pics?

• NoVaPlantGuy_Z7b_8a
    15 years ago

Gee, now HOW in the living hell did I know JAY was gonna come in here and pull an "I-TOLD-YOU-SO". LOL! *** ROLLING EYES BACK IN HEAD ***

C'mon jay, don't be such a d*ck. Really.

Btw.. the part in the ad you circled, says NOTHING about shipping. NOTHING. ... Yes im kinda being humorus here, but honestly, you are actually starting to grate my damn nerves in this site. IF you keep it up, im gonna contact the owner, and trust me, you dont want them to get involved. And yes, just for the record, ive copied and pasted into my own files all the threads where you've "acted up". Sorry, its just the forum moderator side of me coming out, and you have a history of crossing lines here which would NOT have been tolerated on any other forum I post on currently.

seriously... play alittle nicer mmmmkay? mmmmmmmmkay.

Frimmi, so what its got a smaller (narrow) trunk. It was probably grown in a shady spot. im sure itll do just fine in your care. Just don't let it get wet during the cold this time! I hope it works out for ya! Nice looking one none the less.

• josh_palm_crazy
    15 years ago

You know what novaplantguy. CAN IT! AND DON'T CALL ME A D*CK!!! Thats crossing the line! I have done nothing wrong on this forum. I don't see any of this as crossing line. From the second I posted about Chilly Palms a few have been trying to discredit my experience with and my advice about Chilly Palms. They try to say I'm wrong. Then I say no here look I'm right. I just get blatant facts to show these people. And they know it but still want to prod and poke at me more and split hairs.

Frmmi says they don't ship. I made it very clear that they do ship. It says "All questions and ORDERS should be directed to our EMAIL. What is not clear about that?! What did I do wrong novaplantguy?! Look. Why are you all over me about this. Why can they bicker with me and provoke me and then you pick on me?! HUH?! You need to lay off me! I've never been TOO far out of line like you make me out to be. When I say these things to these people, I know what I'm talking about. Judging by the way frmmi's palm looks I can sure as hell say "I told you so" But no don't listen to Jay. He goes over the top. NOT ONCE! have I gone over the top. Not everyone on here is as "Happy Go Lucky" as you are novaplantguy. You cant just surf around the forum to find conversations with attitudes that you don't like and try to mediate them. These forums are for conversations like the ones we've been play fighting about. You are really starting to get on my nerves and I would really appreciate it if you could stop BUTTING in. (frmmi) and (donray) can take care of themselves and so can I. Theres been no swearing, no name calling except for the words by me "playing stupid". BIG WHOOP! Oh but lets not forget you called me a D*CK! I'm not a D*CK just because I pointed out some facts! If anyone needs to be kicked off the forum its YOU! We don't need someone that doesn't have a job with Garden Web creeping around and looking over our sholders, deciding what we can and cant say to each other according to how it makes YOU feel. Palms and Cycads Forum is not about your version of whats OK to say and whats not. I'm sure that would make a lot of people uncomfortable knowing your lurking in the shadows and examining every post. Oh and you better email me all the nasty things I said. I want to know what you THINK is so horrible. God this is so uncalled for! Do You realize that your going to get me kicked off this forum (and I'm sure theres quite a few people that wouldn't appreciate that) all because something I was trying to aggressively point out on the other thread came to light here. I felt like I was being attacked on the other thread like I was just stupid or something when it was clearly fact what I was trying to say. So I posted again that Chilly has nice 15 gallon trachys. Nothing more. Frmmi came back with the unrealizing statement that they do not ship. I made the picture and circled the truth for frmmi to see right on this forum. THATS IT! Thats all that happened here on this thread. I never once said "I told you so". At least not until you provoked me to.

(These are your words novaplantguy)
    "Gee, now HOW in the living hell did I know JAY was gonna come in here and pull an "I-TOLD-YOU-SO". LOL! *** ROLLING EYES BACK IN HEAD ***"

(Also your words novaplantguy)
    "C'mon jay, don't be such a d*ck. Really."

(And my favorite)
    "Sorry, its just the forum moderator side of me coming out, and you have a history of crossing lines here which would NOT have been tolerated on any other forum I post on currently". (THATS BULL!)

Don't you "SORRY" me! Your not sorry. I don't even want to hear that. You're just picking on me for no reason other than to make yourself feel important. Well guess what?! I don't need a daddy and someone to threaten my membership and think it'll frighten me into backing down and not share my opinion or fact or what ever you THINK I might be saying wrong. Thats what this forum is for BUDDY!

Do what you're gonna do. I don't care. I've never crossed the line. Not anymore than anyone else has. If they kick me off so be it. I love it here and there are a lot of threads that get heated that don't involve me. You don't mess with those. Why don't you go pick on them too?! So guys if I get kicked off/banned or whatever it was fun while it lasted but I have bigger things to worry about than novaplantguy. My son has an appointment with the urologist on Monday in Hershey PA. He's 3 months old and will be going through surgery. He was born without his reproductive little guy if you know what I mean and they'll be putting him under and cutting him open to try to reconstruct a new one. Its called Hypospadias. So needless to say I could care less about this novaplantguy crap.

Signing off (and if novaplantguy has anything to do with it) for good.

Jay (josh_palm_crazy) Peace and Chicken Grease. I'm Out Like Crystal Pepsi

• jimhardy
    15 years ago

Jay,don't go away!LOL.I do agree that telling him not to be such a d*ck as you put it was totally uncalled for,novaplantguy you are being hypocritical and as far as I'm concerned you appointted yourself forum mediator and now its time for you to unappoint yourself in the same spirit that jay apologized when you "called him out" If you ever saw the thread"chilly palm tree came to town"(or something like that)I think it is possible to see why Jay is so loyal to them,and that alot of this(in my opinion)is because jay really does believe that chilly has some great deals and has spent time around their palms,thought they were really cool and wants to pass that along,its a palm passion thing!B.T.W.jay is not paying me in Chilly palms to say this!LOL although,jay,if your still there and would like to send me a 30g trachy......its not necessary,a 15g will do just fine!I don't think we need any forum police on garden web,or people telling people they are saving their comments,jez,a little excitement on this forum just makes it that much more interesting,and although there are people on this forum I don't allways agree with,I think we all share a common appreciation for palms,so really whats the big deal if we show a little passion from time to time?

• frmmi
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I dont think the word d**k is appropriate because this is someone merely showing what in his opinion was a great deal on a palm..to help other gardeners.

This argument should not have escalated this far. Some of us find better deals than others do. I still like my tree and hope it looks a little better before fall.

And Josh- I wish you and your family the best during this hard time.

• NoVaPlantGuy_Z7b_8a
    15 years ago

WOW,

First of all, im not even going to read most of your post, because I can tell its hyperbolic and vitrolic, and I can see where you have repeated the same things over 2 and 3 times.

you are just WAY over the top, Jay. I did not CALL you anything, I said you don't be SUCH A D*ick, meaning you are acting like one, which you have plenty of times in the past. There is a difference. But you conveniently overlook the part where I said I was being kind of humorous. If I said it to you in person, you'd understand exactly what I mean. It wasn't said in malice, anger, or hatred at all. Im not sure yo have the ability / capacity to pick up on that though.
    Nothing was said to OFFEND you personally, they were said because it is / was the truth, and no, none of it is BULL, its the truth. On any other forums, you would have been infracted for things Ive seen you say on here to date. You repeatedly have gotten into "fights" online on here with people since you signed up back in 2007. Ive been on here since 2002, and have had ZERO problems such as this in the last 4 years.

Im not going to try to get you "removed", I did say that i may email the forum owners and they can decide for themselves if it keeps up.I still have not done that. Yet.

The truth be told Jay, I could care less what you think. You lost my respect a long time ago, and yes you've come out and apologised for some things, and thats great, but when things repeatedly happen, it gets old. Just for the record here, ive been contacted by 5 other posters here, via email, THANKING ME for calling you out, because you constantly have done stuff like this here. Maybe for once someone just got tired of it, and im sure you dont like that. Too bad.

I dont hate you, not at all. I just find your attitude to be very poor at times. Trust me, there is nothing about you that is even WORTH the effort it takes to hate.

Im not trying to "moderate" anything here, I just got sick of clicking on threads, and finding an argument on here that involved..... YOU. Most all of them have. You can think whatever you like, but the fact remains the facts, and I know what I have seen... and, the fact that a NUMBER of folks here have gone out of their way to contact me via email outside of this forum, thanking me for attempting to cool you off. Apparently, Im not the only one thats gotten tired of the same old things happening over and over again.

Man, you just seem like an EXTREMELY ANGRY human being, and im not sure why. I hope whatever is causing that for you, gets better. TRUST me, if there was an ignore function on this forum as there are on most modern/ up to date forums, I would have used it long ago. More often than not you talk down to people here, are not constructive, but condescending, critical, and even sometimes almost just plain mean. I wont be responding to any of your postings from here on out.

Not sure why you feel the need to bring your kid up in here, but that definitely sucks for him, and im sure for you as well. I hope all goes well and he comes through his problems clean, and will go on to live a normal and healthy life.

• josh_palm_crazy
    15 years ago

Just want to let everyone else know this. I'd like to retract the statement about my son Joe. I should have never used that as leverage in this discussion. It was late, I was pissed and its something that always weighs heavily on my mind right now. He'll be just fine. Strike it from the record. The jury will disregard that statement.

Jay

• donray
    15 years ago

Well, as a member involved in all the recent excitement here, everyone surely knows how bad the timing is on Frrmis' trachy weighing in a little undersized for what was expected. But I think I can speak for everyone here who has even the slightest bit of class, that we can only want and wish nothing but the best for Jays' son. I would never involve an innocent child in an adult disagreement on a public forum. My prayers are with you and your family. I really would rather not comment however on any other issues on this post, but I will say I was not one to email anyone about the disagreement between Jay and myself. I think it's very clear that there may come a time for moderation, although I'm not going to make any other comments and just wish to let this all blow over and try not to get involved in this situation in the future. I think the trachy is still a nice looking palm. I hate that you are a little disapointed to say the least! lol
    Donnie

• NoVaPlantGuy_Z7b_8a
    15 years ago

I agree about letting it all just blow over and away, and as I said before, and I think everyone here can agree, that we all wish nothing but the best possible outcome for Jay's kid.

And as stated before, I too like frmmi's trachy, even if it is a litte skinny. =o)

• the_virginian
    15 years ago

novaplantguy: Please cool it or just don't post what you have been posting. I think Jay went out of his way to try to HELP someone based on real world experience and he was not doing a "gee I told you so." I'll be the first poster to tell you this in the forum for everyone to see and if you want to see an angry person, try looking in the mirror. Your attack came out of nowhere and it was not called for at all. Your attitude comes accross in some of your posts as being extremely poor and agressive and the fact that 5 people contacted you out of the 100s on this forum about Jay, well, I'd say that is pretty good that so few have a problem with Jay. Try to be civil yourself and show some restraint when you find the urge to lash out. No one is perfect, least of all me, so let's put this all behind us and move on please.

Jay: don't let this guy get under your skin, it isn't worth it and for the energy spent responding. Hopefully, he will be more restained from here on it.

LET'S ALL GET BACK TO DISCUSSING PALMS....PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

• the_virginian
    15 years ago

frmmi: Keep that palm well watered, mulched and miracle gro-ed until early September, then in the fall mulch it with shredded leaves and then more hardwood mulch. Protect it this winter with x-mas lights and frost cloth when it gets really cold. In late April, fertilize with Milorganite and a good 8-8-8 or 10-10-10 slow release fertilizer and water well. You will see a huge difference and will need to keep this up for 2-3 years. All is not lost, you just need to "conditon" your palm to your environment. Good luck!

• jimhardy
    15 years ago

I knew that some day I would agree with "the virginian"LOL- frmmi I would still e-mail collector palms,I have contacted other sellers on e-bay for various reasons, wrong plant sent,wrong plant pictured in add, etc, etc,most of them are very willing to work something out,I'm not saying anything is wrong with the palm you got,its actually cool to get a new palm and see how it adapts to its new location,but I would contact collector palms because it is skimpier,by a lot then the ones pictured and even if they don't make you any kind of a deal they may be more carefull in the future and it may help other people out that order from them get a better deal.For example-One time I posted a pic of my new "robusta"(on this forum) which was actually a livistona chinensis,(pointed out to me by people on this forum-possibly jay,who I have received 1000s of positive e-mail about!)but the seller still claimed they were robusta-anyway after some other people and myself pointed this out they finally did pull the listing.Good luck with this one!PEACE!

• NoVaPlantGuy_Z7b_8a
    15 years ago

Look, mister Virginian, you have not seen squat from me, nor any attitude here towards anyone but Jay, and that was because I got tired of some things. I definately was NOT "lashing out" as you say, and I find it very funny how you, and him seem to ignore certain other parts of my post where i mentioned trying to be somewhat humorous. My posts to Jay were intended to come across somewhat harsh, and I explained why.

You are DEFINATELY not one to talk sir. I have seen you do the same, and I have DEFINATELY seen how nasty YOU can be on another forum. Ive personally seen postings by you on another forum where you have just been downright nasty and mean. Glass houses my friend. Pot, Kettle, BLACK. Funny that YOUR screen name here has been mentioned to me also in private emails about just how nasty you have gotten on that other forum, which I will NOT mention here. I was fully expecting you to come here and "lash out" as you say towards me. Funny how some things are just so damn predictable. I KNEW you would come on here and gang up on me with him. LOL! wow, just wow.

You are right, no one is perfect, and I never claimed to be myself. Far from it in fact. Helping one an other through experience is great, but thats not really what I saw here. I saw, once again, and definitely not for the first time, alot of condescending attitude coming across, thats why I reacted the way I did. Ive never personally attacked anyone here.

Like I said, Ive been posting here alot longer than him, and you, and have seen a lot of garbage on here, and I reached a point where I got tired of it. You can think what you like, doesnt mean a damn thing to me. Im a long term, seasoned gardener and poster on here, and fairly well respected.

I said fine, lets move on and let it all blow by in agreeance, but yet you just HAD to come in and direct more vitirol at me. Figures.

You know what, maybe ILL be the one to say screw this forum, and some of you that "post" and try to "help" here.

Ive been gardening a hell of alot longer than this place has been in existence and I certainly do not need this place, nor some of the "people" that populate it. So you folks enjoy, I think ive had enough, and after almost 7 years, I think im not g oing to come back to this place anymore.

• frmmi
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I gave it a couple scoops of carl pool palm food. This winter I will tie the leaves up and wrap an old rug around the tree with some xmas lights inside. And then I have a wood frame that I can cover in plastic and fill the whole setup with hay. Does it sound like this would work?

The only thing that makes me worry now is the cold march and april rain that can cause rot. Should it be covered during this time alltogether?

• jimhardy
    15 years ago

I think anytime the weather is cold and damp(not 60s)after winter that it is a good idea to keep rain off.I watered mine over the winter only when the lows were not going to be to cold and it worked out fine.Also gradually exposing to moisture in colder growing areas in the spring,palms are weak and need some love early in the spring.One thing thats tough about growing palms in the "north"(or anywhere I guess,but more so in north)is that it can be a while before our efforts payoff.Once again good luck,I have enjoyed your posts and pics,as I remember seeing them when I became aware of this forum,which I enjoy almost as much as growing (palms)plants!

• the_virginian
    15 years ago

Novaplantguy: You are proving my point about you perfectly, and as predicted, you couldn't resist escalating this silliness. You have a very sad sense of humor and an even worse sense decency, but your silly and light on your loafers rants amuse me....keep it up and don't let your keyboard catch on fire with another 10,000,000 word post about nothing. Who cares about your agenda anyway. Have a great day!

• lascapa
    15 years ago

Why can't you guys just drop it!! Everytime this thread has some productive posts someone ruins it.

I come here to read and learn how to care for the 2 Windmills and a Dragon Head Palm that I have recently purchased. NOT to listen to you guys bicker!

I would also like to know how to prepare these for winter. So if you don't have anything positive to post, just don't post it!

• topher2006
    15 years ago

Cmon guys were all trying to help each other just drop it and help frmmi.
    My personal opinion is your trachy should be fuller than that !

• trachyhead
    15 years ago

Its not too tall to thicken up IMO(if that makes sence?) What i mean is i think it will be fine, the leaves are nice and green which means the plant should be in good health. I know i'm probably stating the obvious but don't be tempted to feed it as it will need to settle in and allow the worms to get to work on the roots.

I have a trachy that has a thin trunk for some reason but possibly the thickest leaves of any trachy i have seen that do not bend in the wind. As long as the crown is reasonably full i don't think it matters too much if it has a skinny trunk.

Here is my skinny trachy pictures taken 4 years apart

{{gwi:1156851}}

And in feb this year on the left(latest pic i took as the house is now rented out, it is a fair bit bigger now and it flowered for the first time in april)

{{gwi:1156852}}

• jimhardy
    15 years ago

Beautifull!Trachyhead good to here from you again,my castor beans were repeatly set back this year by me!I found several ways to destroy them,I will take some pics when they thickin up abit,they are pretty small.I would sure enjoy a round of pics of your palms,esp-T,princeps.T.martianus,T.latisectus and T.manipur,my manipur both died,putting me out of my misery as they were doing less than nothing.Upon further review T.princeps is a big favorite now,I have been pleasantly surprised by how fast princeps and (nainital)takil have grown,they are about a leaf ahead(of other palms).T.princeps seems to really take off when temps get very warm for some reason.B.T.W.That palm looks like a waggie.or at least soom waggie "blood"

• frmmi
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks trachyhead for the pics. Your part of England looks beautiful and green in February how nice.

• the_virginian
    15 years ago

frmmi: As I indicated before, the palm will be fine if given winter protection, good mulch, fertilizer and water. Eventually it will catch up to the Chilly Palm Tree Co. sized palm in a couple of years.

• jimhardy
    15 years ago

"Eventually it will catch up to the Chilly Palm Tree Co sized palm" Is that a new kind of palm?If I hear the name of that company one more time.......Give it a rest!

• NoVaPlantGuy_Z7b_8a
    15 years ago

Trachyhead: Those are fantastic palms! Thats great growth in just 4 years!!! VERY NICE! I think given time, Frmmi's palm will look just fine too. In the end, its more about the care its given by its owner, than it really is where it came from. Ive rescued enough "damaged/ defective" plants in my lifetime, that no one else would want, to know that. My tiny, beat up, nasty, ragged looking, last on the shelf Red Abyssinian banana is now a healthy as a horse 5 foot giant (for a first year plant) since it has been under my care. =o)

Jimhardy, I couldn't agree more. The fact that some here seem to bash others just because they got their palms from other sources, rather than from THEIR preferred company, makes me NOT want to get anything from that "preffered" company. CP does look like a great business, but some of their customers, while trying to praise them, have actually done them a disservice here IMHO.

• trachyhead
    15 years ago

Thanks for your kind comments fellas.

Jim, My ricin are doing really well this year, our summer has been a reasonably good one. My red ricin (var zanzibarensis i think)is going to be the biggest, its currently 6ft and i reakon if the wind does not take it that it may hit 9ft or more by the end of october. I'll post pics soon. My martianus has been the best non fortunei trachy this year its pushed 5 leaves so far which was good after the snow damage in april and it looked tatty.

Novaplantguy, i put the strong growth down to lots of water and fert while i was living there in the first 3 years. It should do a foot of growth a year now.

• josh_palm_crazy
    15 years ago

Very nice trachyhead! That thing is a MONSTER now!

frmmi - I have to admit that your trachy is a nice height. Even with the skinnier trunk its still a nice looking palm. A lot of trachys down south have a skinnier trunk at the bottom and get thicker further up.

novaplantguy - Can you post some new pics of your red abby? I'd like to see it now that its healthy again.

Jay

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths