SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tjp8

Ghost Pepper Noob

TJP8
10 years ago

Hi guys!
I'm completely new to the hot pepper scene.... Or starting plants from the seed at all for that matter. At the end of last summer I ordered ghost pepper seeds and tried growing them. They would sprout but then I'd come back from school one day and they'd be withered and dead. Either that or they just wouldn't develop beyond they're first set of leaves. I'm probably a little late for this season again as I live in Illinois, but I'm hoping I'm not. Today I decided to start with a different approach. I got a self watering burpee seed starter from Home Depot. I planted all of the seeds and put a small heating pad under it.(I think the heating pad is from like a hermit crab or something and it covers about half of the bottom, but at least they'll be warm) Will they grow well in this? If I'm able to get them started I will probably place each in a gallon planter. Also if I'm too late for this year will I be able to keep the plants indoor over the winter? Any hints or changes to what I'm doing is greatly appreciated. I hope that at least someone will be willing to help me along the way because I know absolutely nothing about growing peppers or growing plants from the seed.
Thanks so much!
TJ

This post was edited by TJP8 on Sun, Apr 13, 14 at 20:23

Comments (12)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm