SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Uh Oh! My Garden's Gonna Be A Lake

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
11 years ago

All summer long I hoped, wished, begged, pleaded and prayed for rain. Well, here it comes!

I'm linking the HPC's 5-day rainfall forecast below. Click on the link to see it.

I am in the area predicted to get 3.9" of rain. Now, that doesn't mean we'll get that much, but I have noticed this summer that the QPF has been fairly accurate the last month or 6 weeks or so, so I think my garden may be about to get too wet. While too much rain at one time isn't really good for the garden, it is better than no rain at all, so I am not going to complain.

Now, I'm headed out to the garden to harvest everything that is ready so I won't have tomatoes splitting from too much moisture, etc. Then, I 'll weed the beds that have fall stuff in them and then I will rototill the area where I'm getting ready to plant winter greens. If I don't get it rototilled before the rain falls, I likely won't get it rototilled at all.

I'm excited about the rain and cooler temperatures and hope everyone gets at least as much rain as the HPC predicts they will.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (42)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus