SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nativec

Plumeria & Earwigs...Eww!

nativec
14 years ago

I've read several posts here about how to get rid of, kill and deter earwigs. But I'm hoping that someone who has had this problem specifically with plumerias can offer some help. I seem to be having some bizarre and massive earwig migration. I noticed several in my plumeria pots this morning. Being that I'm a bit overprotective, I'm worried!! I have a few questions. My understanding is they eat primarily aphids but will eat seedlings. Will they eat anything on plumerias? I'm worried that since I saw them in the soil that they are messing with my roots or even worse breeding in the soil(makes me shudder!) Is there a safe and effective way to get rid of the ugly beasts. Are my concerns unfounded?

Comments (3)

• kbauman
    14 years ago

Hi,
    Oh my, ick...sure someone will come in soon and give your advise. Not familiar with this one!

Karen B

• tdogdad
    14 years ago

I have never had a problem with earwigs and plumerias. They do eat veggies and insects but I think they are more a problem for soft leaves. Diatomatious earth works to control. Bill

• nativec
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you tdogdad, I'm picking up the diatomatious earth today. The earwig migration is truly the strangest thing I have seen. Never had a problem before. Just can't stand them!! I'd take spiders, lizards, snakes or any other bug over these nasty things! Ugh!

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner