SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sugi_c

Curled leaves on Jalapeño

I can't find one thing unhealthy about this jalapeño plant, but the leaves are bizarre. They all all curled upward, and given the size and my past jalapeños, I feel like the leaf size is a bit smaller overall. None of the leaves are big -- or flat.

It's been repotted twice now from a seedling plug to a 3" to a gallon -- about 2 weeks ago. I see a minimum of 5-6 buds on it with many more forming; these happened in the last few days so it is growing.

It's just bizarre looking. And it is pristinely free of bugs. Believe me, I checked! LOL

It's in full sun from about 8:00-2:30, but our temps here in SF area have been pretty mild overall (though the sun is hot enough to burn a couple seedlings). I must water is every 3-4 days when it's dry in the top inch plus.

I do recall, years ago, I had one habanero plant that looked like this that produced fine,I believe.. Never did figure out why, but now, having found GW, I want to know. Especially since I have a bunch of serranos and habs growing up right now....

Did I mess up something? It can't possibly be getting too much sun in April, can it?

Grace

Comments (27)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH