SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

Bill I can feel your pain!

Andrew Scott
11 years ago

I directed the subject of this posting to you Bill, but I am sure there are many, MANY co plumeriaholics that can also feel our pain!

Temps in western NY are FINALLY staying warm now..not warm enough for me to leave my plumeria out over night but I am taking them out during day to do repotting.

Last year and the year before, I bought, traded and was gifted many cuttings. Once again I would like to thank all the people that did trades with me, and also the very generous people who gave them to me!

Let me say that using those small water bottles works perfectly for rooting most averaged sized cuttings. Now I did recieve some MAMMOTH cuttings, and those, obviously could not fit into those bottles. Mostly because of there girth..they were just way to wide!

Anyhow, now this spring, I have begun the enormous job of repotting all those cuttings that are now a year old.

To date, I have now repotted about a dozen, and I would say that I have at least 40 or 50 to go!

Even some of the plumerias that I bought from various nurseries needed repotting from 1 gal to 3 gal sized pots.

It will take many bags of soil and perlite, and also containers. The best advise given to me on pots came from my friend Sonia. I don't know why I never thought of this before BUT, she told me to hit up my local nurseries, lanscaping businesses and, garden centers. I did this last year and I now have a nice little stock pile of black nursery pots in various sizes.

Because of my back problems, I have staggered my repotting, and I attempt to repot around 9 or 10 every day. At this rate, I should hopefully be done by this Friday(if all goes well that is!).

On top of my repotting, I still have more plumeria coming in!

Does anyone have the number for the Plumeria addiciton hotline? I am in desperate need all ready. I got a call about a week ago from the Plumeria Police. Headquarters in Virginia Beach...the female officer told me she was on her way to take all my plumeia...LOL!

No I'm not off my rocker...it's a joke that Laura will understand!

Andrew

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio