SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saycats

Growing Plumeria in Seattle

Saycats
12 years ago

Alright - I'm a newbie to the forums, but not to gardening. I know it's difficult but I've been determined for some time to bring my favorite flower to Seattle and get it to grow. I know from lurking about these and other forums that it can be done with hard work and patience in this climate, and I've finally ordered a few cuttings and decided to get my bum onto the forums and get some advice on getting them to grow :)

I've thoroughly researched Plumeria, but (unsurprisingly) most of the info is geared towards growers in warmer places, and so I was just wondering if any Pacific Northwest (or similar climate) gardeners had any advice/tips on keeping Plumeria happy in this type of environment? I plan to root the cuttings indoors and keep them inside until the temps outside get a bit higher - I'm in an apartment so the natural light isn't great, and would love to hear any recs on good lights to use for tropicals in particular, if they have a preference beyond your plain old gro-lights. Also if there are tricks to replicating the type of environment that plumies are used to, any help would be much appreciated!

Comments (7)