SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenmanok

Insects infestation and treatment

greenmanOK (Zone7)
10 years ago

Hi all. I'm having some trouble with something infesting my verbena, rudbeckia, and Shasta daisies in my full sun garden. Especially in the verbena I see little white jumping bugs when I ruffle the foliage. Based on what I've read on here it might be spider mites, whiteflies or springtails? I suppose all the moisture in the past several weeks has contributed. One patch of verbena has really suffered - browning, wilting, dying... Another nearby verbena patch is also heavily infested but they do not appear to be harming the plants, since they are blooming and growing nicely. I've resorted to pulling some daisies, and I'm getting some leaf and stem wilting and browning on the rudbeckia. I treated with neem oil last night and as of today it doesn't seem to have made a dent. In fact, the already struggling verbena looks worse and I'll probably pull it out. Interestingly, I have a big ole lantana right in the middle of all this and it is unaffected and thriving. Any guesses on what the we are or suggestions on how to treat? I read Dawns post on spider mites, but I'm not sure that's what I have. Guessing it is though. Thanks. Eric

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!