SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arbo_retum

beetles on brugmansias?

17 years ago

o.k., i must begin with apologies. I have come to this forum for help because i know very very little about brug pests or beetles in general. i usually spend alot of time trying to reserach a problem before asking for help. however, THIS time i am really crunched for time and would be most appreciative of some education. My brugs last year had no pest problems. i overwintered them; they got aphids; i took them outside in bright sun; the aphids went away. the leaves grew. they're nowhere near blooming- that will be end july prob'ly. but today, i see many holes in the many leaves of my many potted brugs- and i find yechy black-headed larvae which appear to be covered in their own excrement maybe- like lily leaf beetle-( which IS a major pest here in the boston area- but which i do not have this year). i smushed and removed all damaged leaves and the larvae. i found 2 adult beetles- w/ white and black longitudinal stripes, and red heads.i keel them! are these 2 the adults of the same larvae and do they have a summerlong lifespan or do they disapp. in a few wks? is bayer's rose a solution, as it is for lily leaf beetle?

I so appreciate your patience. I realize i may be asking a question that has been asked many times on this forum, so i ask your forgiveness in advance.

best, mindy

www.cottonarboretum@blogspot.com

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH