SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jimithing78

No growth yet - is it a goner?

jimithing78
12 years ago

Hello everyone, just looking for some expert opinions on my plumeria. I bought a cutting at the airport in Maui about 3 years ago and started it in a pot. It's done well, flowering nicely last summer. It was getting kind of tall so I cut it back last fall when it had lost most of it's leaves. I put the pot into a shed next to my house. Previous winters I had put it in my attached garage but like I said it had gotten pretty big so I tried it in the shed.

Well when I got it out of the shed a month ago or so the top parts of the branches were all shriveled up and those upper branches were spongy. So I cut it back some more to what I thought was good wood. But now the same thing has happened again - the outer part is shriveled up and it's spongy again where it had been firm.

I'm just north of Dallas - we only had 1 freeze this Winter and I don't think it got below about 27 or 28. I don't know what the temperature inside the shed was at that time but I don't think it was below freezing. Since I brought it out of the shed the daytime highs have been in the low 70's and the lows in the upper 50's. Shouldn't it have put out some leaves by now? Should I cut it back some more or is it just a goner?

If it's gone does anyone have suggestions for getting plumeria around Dallas? Or suggestion of a good seller on Ebay? I'm not well versed in the different varieties. I just want something pleasantly fragrant. Thanks in advance.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH