SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tropicalzone7_gw

Yard pics July 2010

tropicalzone7
13 years ago

Here are a few recent pics around my yard. I still have to add a few more pics so I will do that soon. Everything is a little wet in the pictures since ti just rained. I like to take pictures when its cloudy to avoid the glare of the sun.

This pic has 2 mexican petunias, my largest plumeria, my new agave, some begonias, lantana, and an elephant ear (solandra maxima is in the background).

Other side. Canna robert kemp, my bougainvillea, and my potted pindo palm with dragon wing begonias underneath.

My musa basjoo is growing really fast. Definitely my fastest growing banana plant. 3 leaves in less than 2 weeks! My ensete is also getting lots of great growth. You can also see my philodendron in this pic, some dragon wing begonias, my windmill palm (2nd summer in the ground), the top of my plumeria pudica and a few other plants as well.

Other side. this also shows my ensete but also shows my thai black banana, cannas (they seem to really like being in the ground), and my other windmill palm also in the ground for 2 summers now. You can see a little bit of my livingstonia as well (first year in the ground).

Another angle

Inflo on my plumeria pudica (in the ground). I cant wait until it blooms! During the fall it will be dig out of the ground and potted up.

This windmill palm is on its 4th leaf for the year. It was really sick last year but its doing really well now.

Livingstonia is in the ground. This winter will be the first winter in the ground.

My other windmill palm which is opening up its 3rd leaf of the year.

Double peach hibsicus doing well after struggling indoors during the winter. Today it has 12 blooms on it! I think thats the most it has made so far this summer.

Super dwarf cavendish banana, ice cream banana, and coconut palm. The coconut palm had a slow start to the summer, but its growing really well now. the newest frond is actually starting to split! By fall it should have its first mature frond! Really looking forward to that also!!

Plumeria divine is still blooming very well. The cannas are also blooming well and the foxglove tree (only one of a few common names for the tree), is growing huge (it was only a stump in april!). My philodendron is also doing well and so are the snake plants.

Heres a shot of that corner from a different view with the leaves from my washingtion navel orange and fronds from my cat palm in the foreground.

And this next one wins the award for my slowest growing palm of the summer! My pindo palm. It has yet to fully open its spear but at least it is growing. Maybe I will get one frond out of it this entire growing season! I didnt get any visible damage from it this past winter.

Dwarf cavendish and my orange tree (from seed) is in this picture. Each has dragon wing begonias below it and the ones with the banana plant has really grown huge this year. The begonias were only seedlings in Late April when I planted them

Heres another pic of my largest plumeria and largest (and new) agave.

Close up of my double peach hibiscus flower and my pygmy date palm in the background.

My orleander is blooming a lot right now and everything is doing well in this corner.

Huge leaf coming from this musa basjoo as well. You can also see canna dawn pink in this pic.

My queen palm is growing well and my variegated rubber tree is growing really fast!

Bottle palm is still not looking great, but much better than in early spring. Im happy its still alive!

Another view of my variegated rubber tree and my hawaiian ti plant is also in this pic.

Bromeliads!

Im not sure if I posted a pic of my new desert rose so here it is!

Thanks for looking. Sorry for the huge amount of pics! A few more are probably on the way if I get a chance to take them!

Good luck!

-Alex

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!