SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pharoah_gw

Question for Bill/long-time growers/ or anyone who wants to guess

pharoah
14 years ago

I have a question regarding very late season inflos. Last year my 6 year old Celadine was beginning to develop an inflo in September. It was only a nub before it stopped actively growing when Fall arrived. The Celadine stayed out throughout most of the Winter when I decided to bring it indoors to bring it out of dormancy early. Well, it worked like a charm. Within two weeks, the inflo started growing again and new leaves were forming. When we hit a hot spell I was bringing her outside everyday and indoors at night (and lifting about 250 lbs!!). At the same time, 10 new inflos were peaking through! The old inflo grew to the point of separating, but then the buds completely stopped developing! I stopped bringing her inside because she no longer fits through any of my doors. The 2010 inflos are developing beautifully and are among the largest and thickest that I have ever had. The 2009 inflo looks as though it is wasting energy and wants to dry up.

My question is are inflos that develop during colder weather any different from those that are fresh and ready for the new growing season?? Has this ever happened to you?? Should I just cut it off since I have 10 more on the same plant?? It's similar to the first leaves that developed indoors and under lower light. They are now fading as the stronger leaves are taking over. Is there any correlation between the weather in which the inflo was formed, and the type of weather that it can handle?? Perhaps it's the fact that our night temps are barely in the low 50's and sometimes high 40's, but like I said, the others look fantastic!!

Sorry this was so long winded, but I wanted to thoroughly explain.

Any thoughts???

Many thanks,

Tony

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction