SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
basilette_gw

Leaf discoloration on 3 plants (with photos link)

basilette
14 years ago

Newbie here with discolored leaves on 3 of my beloved new plants. Photos of the leaves at this link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mandasarah/sets/72157 618552974024/

First is a false indigo bush (amorpha fruticosa). The leaves start by getting brown spots on them, then they get yellow and fall off. I'm worried about this guy!

Next is a Celeste fig. It only has a few yellow leaves so far. Both the amorpha and the fig were planted about 2 weeks ago. Soil is clay loam, and I amended the soil in the planting holes with compost and expanded shale. We did get an unusually HUGE amount of rain about 5 days ago, so the plants were super-drenched.

Finally I've got a tomatillo with leaves that turn pale yellow and fall off. First it was just the older bottom leaves, but now I'm seeing some small new growth leaves get spotty and yellow. Looking around online, this seems to resemble a salt problem, but I'm not sure what would have caused that. They are growing in whiskey barrels in a potting mix made of composted bark, peat, expanded shale and compost. Peppers growing in the same setup are showing no yellowing.

Any help VERY much appreciated!

Here is a link that might be useful: Leaf photos

Comments (3)