SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
river22_gw

I'm Tired

river22
15 years ago

Every day I rush home from work, go straight to the garden and start picking. Then when it gets to dark to see and the mosquitos are after me, I go inside and put up all the produce. Usually it's around 10:30 or so when I get to sit down. Now I am behind in my watering. Tonite I was late because I just had to stop and put up a bag of peaches the neighbor gave me, ended up making a peach pie (yummm)and just half way got the blackberries picked. They sure did a turn around with this hot weather. A week ago I was getting 3 gallons a day, now just about half that. The okra is starting to come on great guns and I am already putting that up. The squash is still going good and so are the cucumbers although they are slowing down with the heat too. The tomatoes (the big ones) are just now starting to turn. Wow, its taken them a long time this summer. Guess that's good though or I wouldn't have time for all this other stuff I'm picking. I have gotten 3, yes that's right 3 green bell peppers. What a waste. I think I will start planting them for fall because they wait that long to put on. The green beans are slow but it seems every year they don't really put off until fall. I was hoping something would die so I could plant something new. Isn't that awful to say? I might plan things different next year. Planted some lettuce but doubt it comes up in this heat. I looked up a recipe for cucumber cinnamon rings and was shocked to find so MUCH sugar in them. Doubt if I make them now. Well happy gardening and a good nite to all :-)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions