SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Guess What? Rain and Rainbows

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
15 years ago

OK, y'all, I can't whine about how dry it is for at least the rest of this week because.......it rained!

It rained and then it stopped and then it rained some more.

We weren't even home! I'd gone to Ardmore with Kristine (DDIL2B, which means Dear Daughter-in-law to be) late in the afternoon to run some errands and shop for a baby shower gift, and it rained while we were gone! Yippee! It actually rained on us for a minute or two as we were headed north into Marietta, but it was brief and we were a couple of miles from home, and it didn't look like it was raining back in the direction of the house.

On our way home from Ardmore a couple of hours later, we saw two rainbows somewhat east of I-35 but still in the sky over Love County and they were gorgeous! The skies were REALLY dark, so we were really hopeful!

We got 1.1" here at our house and have puddles everywhere. So, all of you who joined me in praying for rain for poor old dry Love County, thank you!

What a relief to see some moisture on the ground! (I wouldn't mind getting another few inches, of course.)

Dawn

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996