SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyver

Bringing plumeria out of dormancy in So Cal (North OC)

ladyver
15 years ago

I'm sure this topic has been discussed to death, but in my searches of the forums I just couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. The upcoming week is supposed to be warmer, so I figured for the first time I'd try "waking up" my plumerias. Usually I just let them do their own thing and start up with foliar feeding as soon as the leaves are big enough to catch the mist. A change of employment status is limiting my funds this year, so I have to use what I already have in my arsonal, which fortunately seems to be pretty well stocked. I have: Super Thrive, Spray 'n Grow, Bill's Perfect Fertilizer (SNG line), liquid seaweed extract, alphalpha meal, ProTekt, sul-po-mag, a calcium supplement (Maxi-Cal), and two containers of Grow More Hawaiian Bud and Bloom (which would probably only cover 1/2 my plants). I also have a 2 petrified 4lbs cartons of epsom salt. I'm feeling a bit like a cook with a bunch of ingredients and no recipe. I know the SNG routine, but for the rest of the items I'm not sure what to use as a soil drench, what to use as a foliar spray, and when to go about using it. My plumerias always do great, but they're always later to bloom, which is why I'm hoping to wake them up!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES