SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
the_first_kms2

Peak Summer Inflo colors -vs- Winter Inflo colors

the_first_kms2
13 years ago

This is a picture I took last week of an out of season inflo on a pink/orange no name and a comparison picture taken during peak summer of an inflo on the same plant. The plant has been inside since late November. There is the slightest pink tint and stripe on the back side of each petal. If anything, this reinforces to me how heat, light, and humidity make a big difference.

I think we are done with temps below 40 here. I have two back out in full sun and the rest will follow in the next week or so. It was a much colder winter than normal here with a series of days below freezing and snow that actually stuck. The night before the storm I banished my truck from the garage and moved all but 5 of my biggest into the garage. Those five were in my greenhouse and covered with 2 layers of fitted sheets (the elastic corners worked great) covering them like a dome with two small foot heaters. this kept the temperature no lower than 44 while outside temperatures were in the teens. It was a calculated gamble that I could heat a smaller area inside my greenhouse instead of the whole thing. All survived without any frost damage.

February

{{gwi:1154285}}

size and shape of the bloom

{{gwi:1154287}}

previous July

Comment (1)