SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_h_gw

OT: Hardwood Floor being refinished

Lisa_H OK
16 years ago

I didn't want to hog Susan's thread with my stuff....I'm sorry Susan!

Lisa,

It can REALLY be tough for that polyurethane to dry when the humidity is high. It dried for us quickly in warm autumn weather when we redid the hardwood floors at our home in Fort Worth years ago. However, we know people who have had to wait days and days and days for it to dry in humid weather, and the house is virtually unusable during that timeframe.

Is he going to put off redoing your floors until the weather improves, or what? I know it is an inconvenience, but at least he warned you up front before he was halfway through doing the floors. And, like you said, it certainly could be worse, couldn't it?

I'm going ahead with it...I think. He told me they are running behind. He's coming by to talk stain with me tomorrow morning, so I guess I will know more by then. The house is almost completely packed and I'm going on vacation, so I hope they can at least get started on it while I'm gone since I won't have a bed until they finish! :)

I'd love to hear other stories about floors being refinished (I think!). Feel free to chime in.

Lisa

Comments (11)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio