SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
denise_gw

A novice here with a question...

Denise
18 years ago

I got my first (two, actually) Plumeria cuttings in a trade with a generous Florida grower a couple of years ago. I grow succulents, so this was a new direction for me. I'd gotten Crown of Thorns from a vendor (Botanic Treasures) who also offers Plumeria, which I'd never heard of but was completely enthralled by the beautiful flowers, so when the Florida lady offered Plumeria, I jumped at the opportunity to try them. But I digress...

I have grown mine outside in summer, in a little greenhouse off my kitchen in winter. I was disappointed that I didn't get flowers after the first year, but I'm a patient soul and thought I'd give them another year before giving up... Well, I'm happy to say that I've got one that started a flower "spike", "bud" - whatever they're called on Plumeria - in early May. It's been developing very slowly. I'm wondering how long it generally takes from the time the flower spikes start to form until they actually open? Also, how long do they last? And, since the vendor I buy Crown of Thorns from also has Plumeria, are they at all considered succulents?

Denise in Omaha

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus