SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meki_gw

Fungus Gnats becoming a Major Problem - Chemicals Safe?

meki
18 years ago

Hi there Everyone!

I'm having a major problem with fungus gnats.

(I tried posting this once before - but may have gotten it in the wrong forum - or just snafu'd it. So please forgive me if you've seen my post before... and just chalk it up to newbie-ism. :P)

I live in Alaska.

I grow indoor veggies. I've got over 3 weeks in and over a hundred or two in costs - so I can't just throw everything away and start all over.

I've got tomatoes, zucchini, herbs(sage, basil, dill, chives, rosemary, oregano, thyme) white onions, chile peppers, carrots, spinach and lettuce growing - all past the seedling stage, but still way too young to dry out and/or transplant, cleaning everything.

So - what I need to know - is the chemical pest killer SAFE for plants that are going to have products that will be eaten?

Does anyone have any helpful hints? I've currently got wine bottles with a little wine in the bottom, cups of orange juice out, some vineagar - but nothing seems to be working and these gnats are eating me... I'm one of those people who gnats seem to love chomping on. (or I'm allergic to something that they produce.)

So we have to get rid of them - but I really don't want to get rid of my investment of money and time.

So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Meki

Comments (12)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio