SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fr8train307

Spring update...

fr8train
14 years ago

After what seemed like forever...Spring is finally here, and we're finally supposed to hit the 80's this week for the first time since....some time last year?

Anyway here are some so shots of what I have growing right now..

Here are some of my seedlings. Some are from last summer, while the one's in front are from this spring. Some of the seedlings here include: Sabal uresana, Sabal rosei, Sabal palmetto, Sabal maritima, Sabal X Texensis, Phoenix theophrasti, Phoenix loureiroi var ?, Chamaerops humilis var volcano, Trithrinax brasiliensis, T. martianus, T. wagnerianus, T. Manipur, T. oreophilus, T. nanus, Brahea armata

My needle and two butia's from last year...

My least protected butia. I only lightly wrapped it in christmas lights and threw a garbage can over it. Amazingly no damage and it's already growing again (very slowly).

$12 minor..

I was very surprised to see the banana's come back, as I only threw some mulch over where the roots were. And it hasn't been too hot yet this year...

{{gwi:408607}}

Robusta's coming back to life!

New ebay trachy..

I think I overheated this butia is why the tips have gotten so burnt. It actually seems that the palms that I protected this least did the best this winter. Either way it's pushing out a new spear.

New ebay butia...

Work in progress rock garden, hoping to get this done pretty soon.

Some cactus for the rock garden from ted's greenhouse...

Another 12 dollar sabal.

I'm very happy that most everything made it through fairly well, since we got all the way down to -23F. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the warmer weather. And I'll be updating this thread throughout that time.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Van Metre Homes
Average rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Home Builder | 5x Best of Houzz