SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvncannin

Awesome but strange weather here!

luvncannin
10 years ago

Hi all,
I have been lurking a little on the fly but wanted check in and tell you about this really strange weather. It was 64 degrees yesterday AM and never got hot and we have been having rain pretty "regular". What a weird July.
My plants and I are loving it.
We have picked some zucchini and yellow squash. I pulled all my onions and beets. I had to pull 3 tomato plants when I came back from Ft Worth on the 6th. They were looking rough before I left wilting and limp. I am sure 2 of them were my Cherokee purple and the other who knows. they were all together though. It seems I remember someone saying to be careful where you get seed for Cherokee or Brandywines. Anyway I believe I lost all of both varieties. The rest of the tomatoes are doing great and finally will be picking this week.
Trying to baby along some small tomato plants to keep things going here. Sunday we were having really high winds so I put cans and cages etc around them.
Hope everyone is enjoying their gardens as much as me and I am trying to learn to relax, every year is different..
kim

Comments (5)