SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ab2008

Seeds sprouting (yay)

ab2008
11 years ago

So I'm quite a newbie with growing peppers. Have always enjoyed them in things I cook, etc. This was the first time I've tried growing more than bell, or sweet banana peppers.

I have some Fatalii, and Caribbean Red's out right now that just started to come up! I don't have a heating mat unfortunately. However I did purchase a kind of small greenhouse type cage at my local Tractor Supply, and keep a heat lamp at the bottom of it, it has been holding a steady 88-91 degrees so far, while dipping down to around 75 when the temp drops into the 20s and 30s. May end up bringing them in when the temp is supposed to drop again by next weekend however.

Question: Should I spray them for anything like I typically do my tomatoes when they start coming up? Last year I purchased some stuff for blight, and had extremely good luck with them. I'd like to refrain from using too many chemicals however if I can get by with it.

PS: My Bhut Jolokias- is the steady 80-90 degrees a solid temperature for them? Or should I wait a little longer on them to make sure I can keep it closer to 90?

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations