SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Ever use beneficial insects to kill mites on houseplants?

meyermike_1micha
15 years ago

I tried that..

It didn't work, plus I wasted over 300 dollars on beneficial insects last winter with still mites by the end of that winter...:-(. I couldn't wait for that spring to come!!

This year I am having better sucess with "Toni's recipe" for spray and it is alot cheaper. In fact, the foliage on my plants never loooked so good!

I have finally accepted the this fact.......I don't know about anyone else, but as for me, I will NEVER, NEVER be able to COMPLETELY get rid of them, or any other insect, but I can certainly keep the population down, or keep them from blooming to mass desruction of my trees by at least spraying every other week. And I mean be CONSISTANT with this regimen.lol

Foget just once after a couple of weeks, and they will be back by the millions.. So far so good for me this winter.

I figure, for the ones that don't get hit with the toxic spray I make for them on my plants, you know the ones hiding on the window sill, in floor crevices, on the curtains, in your closet,and on the ceiling and walls and so on, they will eventually get hit when they decide to leaves their hiding places and have a feast on my trees after their friends have already been obliverated!!

So don't waste your money unless you are treating your outdoor plants.

If anyone has had a great experience with benefials indoors please share. If you disagree please share.

Thanks,

Mike:-)

Comments (4)