SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
slowpoke_gardener

Beautiful rain and dumb ideas.

We had a nice rain today and I wanted to update you on a project I started 4 years ago, when I found out I had cancer.

I started this project in the winter about the time my younger brother died of cancer at the age of 62.

I have posted pictures much like this in the past, but I think the rain makes them look better.

I tilled a long shallow ditch that starts at the right side of the north garden and goes past my sweet potato bed, ( right of the garden between the two trees) around my house and then east past my north garden, then ends in some small pools I made by tilling the soil and hauling it away in a cart behind a lawn mower. The shallow areas I would till several passes and then rake the soil to the low side. I would then wet the area down and shred the grass blowing it away from my ditch.

This project was a lot of work, but it kept me off the street. I am also proud of the way I have been able to work with my hard slow draining soil..

I hope this is not boring, but we had 1.3" of rain and all my plants are happy.

Larry

P.S. This is the first year for the bed with the trellis in the second picture, and so far it is looking good.

Comments (10)