SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynne48

Where to Take Turtle in OKC`

susanlynne48
17 years ago

Anybody have any suggestions on where I can take a rescued red-eared slider in Oklahoma City for release? This girl is a big one, and I found her walking down the side street in my neighborhood - just where she shouldn't be. She is confined right now to my recycle bin, with a container of water that is large enough for her to get inside, and I've been feeding her shaved carrots, and mustard greens. I know she would prefer worms and crickets, but I don't intend to keep her that long. I want her to go somewhere that is a natural habitat.

These are the turtles that used to be sold in pet stores, as tiny little turtles for aquariums/terrariums. Now, they can no longer be sold unless they are 4" or larger, or they may be outlawed entirely in some states. The neighbor's dobbie keeps barking at the scratching noises she makes trying to escape the bin; she has no clue what's in there, just that something is.

It has been interesting to observe her, and I'm such a sucker for anything that is "out of place" and needs to be returned to its habitat. Any suggestions?

Susan

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer