SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
highalttransplant

4th Annual I.E. Pick-A-Peck of Peppers Swap

highalttransplant
11 years ago

{{gwi:349623}}

It's that time again!!! Welcome to the 4th Annual Incredible Edibles Pick-A-Peck of Peppers seed swap!

So here are the rules (every swap's gotta have them):

* No deadline on signing up, but ALL seeds must reach me no later than February 8th. I will do my very best to have them back out by February 15th. That's almost three weeks earlier than last year!

* Seed packets should be labeled as commercial, or harvested/hand collected.

* Seed packets should have minimum 12 - 15 seeds per packet.

* Limit of packets per variety = 3. If you send in more than 3 of a variety, the rest will be considered extras.
This will increase the variety in the swap. More variety sent in = more variety received back : ) If you have something very rare, or in high demand, contact me privately, and I may wave the 3 pack limit for that item.

*** This being my fourth year to host, I am still tweaking the rules a bit. Due to having way too many of certain varieties in the past, I've created a list of peppers that will NOT be accepted in this swap. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them, but they are very common varieties, that are available at any Walmart or Lowe's, so therefore, not on anyone's wishlist. If you send these in, I will return them to you.

Jalapenos
Cayennes
Habaneros
Cherry Peppers
Big Jim
Sweet Banana
Corno di Toro
Hungarian Wax
Hot Lemon/Lemon Drop
California Wonder, or any Unnamed Bell Peppers (very few people had Bells on their wishlists at all)
Seed Mixes of any kind

If you have a rare, named variety of one of the items on this list, email me, and I may make an exception.

*** NEWBIE RULE. Anyone just getting started is welcome to join the swap, just post that you are new to growing peppers and only have common seeds to share. Newbies will just send in the bubble mailer, with a return address label, and plenty of stamps and little seed baggies, along with a wishlist, but NO SEEDS. Between donations and my own stash, you should get a nice variety back.

* Limit of total packs = 40. I've lowered it from 50. In previous years I had a couple of folks send in 50 different varieties. Do you know how hard it was to come up with 50 varieties OTHER than the ones they sent in?

* Please put your GW name on the seed packet. This will ensure that you don't receive your own seeds back.

* Include a list of what you are sending in. This will also ensure that you don't receive the same thing you sent in.

* Please include a wishlist, or at least me know if you prefer Sweet/Mild, Hot, Superhot, or a Mix, so that I can send you things you will enjoy, even if I don't have items specifically from your wishlist. You may also indicate if you prefer OP/Heirloom types, or Hybrids. I can't guarantee what you will get back, since it is dependent on what others send in, but I will do my best.

* Commercial seeds should have an expiration date of '12 or '13. If hand collected, they should have been harvested in '11 or '12. Please put this information on the seed packet.

* Canadian GW members are welcome to join, as long as their seeds reach me by the deadline. Be aware that it can take up to two weeks, since the envelope has to make it through customs. Canadians are unable to post on the Round Robin forum, so you will need to email me to sign up.

* And last but not least, please include a return address label, and enough postage, for the return trip. If you are sending cash, please send in at least as much as it cost to get the envelope to me. Also, if you want me to send your package with a delivery confirmation, you need to send enough $ to cover it.

* I will email you privately with my mailing address once you have posted here to sign up for this swap. You must make sure that your GardenWeb profile has your email address listed, and it's visible to other members, so I can contact you.

I apologize if that sounds like a lot of rules, but this will keep the swap fair and fun for everyone.

Let me know if I've forgotten anything.

Your hostess,
Bonnie

Comments (82)

• suburbangreen
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I had two flats of peppers this year but only 1 germination mat, so I tried something different for the other tray.

I put a light bulb on a metal cooling rack (any heat-safe oven dish would work) in a 18 Gallon Sterilite Storage tote. The seed tray just fit into the top of the container but was too big to sink down into the bottom.

I put a thermometer in the box to measure the temp. With an incandescent light bulb I put the lid on but left an opening for heat to escape. With the new energy efficient bulbs I needed to keep the lid closed and used a towel to trap more heat.

Once the first seeds germinate I put the tray under under fluorescent shop lights on a heat mat. I sow many different types of peppers in one tray, so the germination times vary greatly. With heat from the shops lights and the heat mat, I keep enough heat for the straglers to germinate.

Before using extra heat, I had very poor germination rates.

• chilliwin
    11 years ago

When germination failed it made me crazy, thinking about many things, is it the heat, seeds or the time, never got a right answer until to use new seeds from different sources.

Same time I have sawed Scorpion Butch T, Aji Amarillo and Habanero Tree, only the Scorpion Butch T seeds were germinated. Now I cannot complain to the seller, only I have to wait, what a frustration!

By the way it is very unfortunate because we cannot sit together and eat all our hot chili recipes together. It will be very nice to see everyone's reaction when we taste our recipes.

Caelian

This post was edited by chilliwin on Mon, Jan 28, 13 at 13:30

• Related Discussions

2nd Annual I.E. Pick-A-Peck of Peppers Swap

Q

Comments (2)
    Still one more week to sign up for this swap. Great way to expand your pepper seed inventory : ) Bonnie
    ...See More

3rd Annual I.E. Pick-A-Peck of Peppers Swap

Q

Comments (0)
    Okay, I realize that not a lot of people wintersow peppers, but I also know that a lot of wintersowers grow peppers, so I am posting the link to the 3rd Annual Incredible Edibles Pick-A-Peck of Peppers Swap. The swap is posted on the Round Robin Forum. Just follow the link below to sign up. Should be a great turnout this year! Hope you will join me! Bonnie Here is a link that might be useful: 3rd Annual I.E. Pick-A-Peck of Peppers Swap
    ...See More

Come Join Us - 4th Annual Tomato & Pepper Seed Exchange !

Q

Comments (145)
    Ok everyone....I have one packet of Spinach Tyee Hybrid to give away as a bonus. The person that wanted the last pack no longer wants it. Please let me know asap if you'd like this seed. Folks, please consider requests for bonus seeds a done deal as I have already stuffed the envelopes with the miscellaneous veggie bonus seeds that have were gifted and posted updates in all the forums. It's really not that easy for me change everything if you change your mind at this point Thanks
    ...See More

NEW: 4th Annual I.E. Pick-A-Peck of Peppers Swap

Q

Comments (117)
    Glad to hear that everyone is happy with what they received back! I am down to the LAST THREE ENVELOPES!!! I have 10 ready to mail this morning: Rollinrockell Foodeefish Elvimiller Thismembername Moonfire Nak10 MissyGA64 Trickfox Plus the last couple packages from THP folks. It is such a relief to be winding down the swap. I love being able to fulfill wishes! Makes me feel a bit like Santa Claus, LOL, but I am ready to focus on getting the garden ready for planting. Well, as soon as it warms up a bit. Right now, it's 16 degrees outside. It's supposed to reach 50 by the weekend though. Come on spring!!! Thank you, EVERYONE, for participating in the Pick-A-Peck of Peppers swap! Your hostess, Bonnie
    ...See More
  • thismembername
    11 years ago

a heat mat for me is a must. without my germination was horrible, with, amazing.

The germ time for me is a maximum 2 weeks. If it doesn't germ within two weeks, i consider it a failure and throw the used jiffy pellet / dirt into the compost pile.

• DMForcier
    11 years ago

Two weeks is a minimum for some of the super-hots. My first batch of ghosts popped open yesterday, and I started them on the 13th. Germ time shown online I've seen as high as 100 days (though I certainly wouldn't wait that long for any pepper).

OTOH, the Thai's I dried at the same time took only three days The other varieties (mostly super-hots) are taking their time like the BJs. I bail if/when they start to mold, though...

Sorry to hijack your thread Bonnie, but at least we're helping keep it up at the top. ;-)

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

No worries, DMForcier! I am enjoying the conversation! I'm with you, I usually don't give up until I see mold, LOL!!!

Just a reminder if you haven't already mailed your package out:

Please put your GardenWeb name somewhere either on the envelope, or on your wishlist. There are participants with the same first name in the swap. Please be nice to your host : )

I received a package from a Kevin L. Is that you Kevinitis?

I also received a very nice donation from Habjolokia for the heat lovers in the swap! Thank you, Mark!!!

Here is the updated list:

Lorabell (Received)
    Sandysgardens (Received)
    Julia42 (Received)
    Borge99
    Kevinitis - ?
    keltickreek (Received))
    Shechar
    Pinkiris (Received)
    Spacetogrow (Received)
    Naturegirl2007 (Received)
    Maple_grove (Received)
    LeafEricson (Received)
    Fanatic79
    Scorpion_john (Received)
    Violetisme
    Tinley244 (Received)
    Coolbythecoast
    Skyblue52 (Received)
    Barefootgardner12
    Suburbangreen (Received)

List of Newbies:

Socalgardengal (Received)
    Rollinrockell
    Amiahjordan0 (Received)
    Kwolfe0 (Received)
    Foodeefish (Received)
    Elvimiller
    Chefconnie (Received)
    Thismembername
    Toucan
    Illinoisdoglover
    Moonfire
    MariaTR
    Inthe305
    Pique
    Nak10
    Churnoble (Received)
    Scotty66
    Mswiggi
    Seedkeeper
    Growsy
    Divina3315 (Received)

We are up to 34 participants, not counting newbies!

If there is anyone on the list that hasn't received my mailing address, please let me know!

Thanks,
    Bonnie

This post was edited by highalttransplant on Fri, Feb 1, 13 at 17:12

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Just a reminder for those of you that haven't mailed your package out yet. The deadline for your seeds to reach me is Friday, February 8th!!!

• trickfox
    11 years ago

I'd like to join in too if I can squeeze in!
    I'm a newbie, this is my first year of going big with hot peppers.
    I'm getting an early start this year and so far I've got new seedlings of:
    Rocoto aji largo, Trinidad scorpion, Habanero arbol, Red Thai, Orange Thai, Serrano tampiqueno, Santaka asian, 7 pot, Snow White, orange manzano, red manzano, Trinidad perfume, puya, yellow pointed, large cumari, antillais Caribbean hab, bhut jolokia, paper lantern hab, ahi Brazilian pumpkin and finally Fatali.
    Im sprouting indoors using 2 2x4 heat mats. Next year I'm going to have serious seeds for swapping!

• missyga64
    11 years ago

I thought I posted a request to join on the WSing thread, but cant find it now.

I would like to participate please, I am a newbie, but have purple beauty to offer. If I mail them out today , you should have them before the deadline.

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good morning!

Trickfox an MissyGA64, I have sent you both an email. Please let me know if you do not receive it.

I received a few envelopes yesterday, and edited Tuesday's post to reflect the new arrivals.

Just one more week before the serious work of swapping all of those seed packets begins!!! I do all of my sorting on a spreadsheet until all the seeds arrive, then it's time for the real deal.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I received a few more envelopes today.

*** If there is a J.Morris from FL signed up on this forum you need to message me as soon as possible. ***

Updated List:

Lorabell (Received)
    Sandysgardens (Received)
    Julia42 (Received)
    Borge99
    Kevinitis - (Received)
    keltickreek (Received))
    Shechar
    Pinkiris (Received)
    Spacetogrow (Received)
    Maple_grove (Received)
    LeafEricson (Received)
    Fanatic79
    Scorpion_john (Received)
    Violetisme
    Tinley244 (Received)
    Coolbythecoast (Received)
    Skyblue52 (Received)
    Barefootgardner12
    Suburbangreen (Received)

List of Newbies:

Rollinrockell
    Amiahjordan0 (Received)
    Kwolfe0 (Received)
    Foodeefish (Received)
    Elvimiller
    Chefconnie (Received)
    Thismembername
    Toucan
    Illinoisdoglover
    Moonfire (Received)
    MariaTR
    Inthe305
    Pique
    Nak10
    Churnoble (Received)
    Scotty66
    Mswiggi
    Seedkeeper
    Growsy
    Divina3315 (Received)

If you haven't mailed your envelope yet, you do NOT need to mail a bubble envelope inside another bubble envelope!!! I will reuse the one you send everything in.

Thanks!

• missyga64
    11 years ago

I did get to the post office in time yesterday. . . envelope is expected to arrive on Wednesday, fingers crossed it does.

• peppermeister1
    11 years ago

Bonnie, count me in, My seeds are ready to go, just send me the address and you'll have them by friday!
    Can't wait!

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Peppermeister, and welcome to the swap! I've sent you an email with my mailing information.

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This swap is now closed!!!

I received 7 envelopes today!

*** If there is a J.Morris from FL signed up on this forum you need to message me as soon as possible. I have no idea who you are!***

Final List of GW Participants:

Lorabell (Received)
    Sandysgardens (Received)
    Julia42 (Received)
    Borge99
    Kevinitis - (Received)
    keltickreek (Received))
    Shechar
    Pinkiris (Received)
    Spacetogrow (Received)
    Maple_grove (Received)
    LeafEricson (Received)
    Fanatic79 (Received)
    Scorpion_john (Received)
    Violetisme - Dropped out
    Tinley244 (Received)
    Skyblue52 (Received)
    Barefootgardner12 (Received)
    Suburbangreen (Received)
    Peppermeister1

List of Newbies:

Rollinrockell (Received)
    Amiahjordan0 (Received)
    Kwolfe0 (Received)
    Foodeefish (Received)
    Elvimiller
    Chefconnie (Received)
    Thismembername (Received)
    Toucan
    Illinoisdoglover
    Moonfire (Received)
    MariaTR
    Inthe305
    Pique
    Nak10 (Received)
    Churnoble (Received)
    Scotty66
    Mswiggi
    Seedkeeper (Received)
    Growsy
    Divina3315 (Received)
    Dmkelly
    HelenB1949
    MissyGA64 (Received)
    Lesuko

*** If you haven't mailed your envelope yet, you do NOT need to mail a bubble envelope inside another bubble envelope!!! I will reuse the one you send everything in.

*** Newbies that do NOT send in a bubble envelope, or do NOT send in any return postage will go to the back of the line so to speak. I will fill ALL other envelopes first. It's just not fair to those that actually followed the directions.

Thanks!

This post was edited by highalttransplant on Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 23:20

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Only received 1 envelope today. There is just one envelope from this forum and three from the other site that haven't arrived yet. The rest are newbies, and I don't really have to wait on them, since they won't have any seeds in them anyway.

I have a fairly busy schedule this weekend, so I may not make a lot of progress on sorting until Monday, but I will hit it hard then.

Final List of GW Participants:

Lorabell (Received)
    Sandysgardens (Received)
    Julia42 (Received)
    Borge99 - Dropped Out
    Kevinitis - (Received)
    keltickreek (Received))
    Shechar - Dropped Out
    Pinkiris (Received)
    Spacetogrow (Received)
    Maple_grove (Received)
    LeafEricson (Received)
    Fanatic79 (Received)
    Scorpion_john (Received)
    Violetisme - Dropped out
    Tinley244 (Received)
    Skyblue52 (Received)
    Barefootgardner12 (Received)
    Suburbangreen (Received)
    Peppermeister1 (Received)

List of Newbies:

Rollinrockell (Received)
    Amiahjordan0 (Received)
    Kwolfe0 (Received)
    Foodeefish (Received)
    Elvimiller
    Chefconnie (Received)
    Thismembername (Received)
    Toucan (Received)
    Illinoisdoglover
    Moonfire (Received)
    MariaTR
    Inthe305
    Pique
    Nak10 (Received)
    Churnoble (Received)
    Scotty66
    Mswiggi
    Seedkeeper (Received)
    Growsy
    Divina3315 (Received)
    Dmkelly (Received)
    HelenB1949
    MissyGA64 (Received)
    Lesuko (Received)
    Crazymtn (Received)

If you don't see received next to your name, please let me know if your package is on its way.

Thanks,
    Bonnie

This post was edited by highalttransplant on Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 18:48

• woohooman San Diego CA zone 10a
    11 years ago

Bonnie:

Is there still time to join? I'm a newbie.

Kevin

• mspeppajo
    11 years ago

Oh Snot!!!!!! Missed it!!!! Grrrrrrrrr!!!!

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm sorry guys, this swap is closed to new participants. It has been posted for over a month.

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Okay, I thought I would give a little update, so everyone would know how things are coming along.

I have received all the seed packages. There are a couple of newbie envelopes still out, but I am busy sorting (on a spreadsheet). Some lists are already complete, and just need to be physically sorted and packaged up. Those participants whose packages had the maximum amount of packets inside, will take a little longer, since it's harder to find things that you don't already have. I had hoped to have everything mailed back out by the end of the week, but I can see now that wasn't realistic. I didn't take into account Valentine's Day, and my two little ones have class parties that I have to prepare for and attend.

What I will probably do is send the envelopes back out in small batches. As I have envelopes ready, I will post a list of whose went out.

Oh, and I did place a couple of small seed orders for some frequently requested items, so there are a few envelopes that I won't be able to complete until the orders get here, which should be by the end of the week.

So just know that I haven't fled the country with your seeds, LOL! And I am chipping away at the sorting every chance I get.

I appreciate everyone's patience, and hope it will be worth the wait!

Your hostess,
    Bonnie

This post was edited by highalttransplant on Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 22:15

• missyga64
    11 years ago

Bonnie,

That looks like a daunting pile of seeds.

Of course its going to be worth the wait, they are pepper seeds after all.

Thanks again for hosting and for letting so many of us Newbies join in.

Missy

• suburbangreen
    11 years ago

Thanks again. You'll probably see enough different varieties to put most seed catalogs to shame.

Pete

• remy101
    11 years ago

Hello
    I am a newbie ,and interested in some pepper seeds what I have to do to join u guys

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mailed out four packages, two to GW participants, and two to folks on the other website.

Now that I've got everything organized, things should move faster. The first couple of envelopes always seem to take the longest. I'll have more ready to go out in the morning, and will post the names once they are on the way.

Please post on the swap thread to let me know that when your package arrives.

Here are the ones that went out today:

Sandysgardens - Mailed
    Julia42 - Mailed

• thismembername
    11 years ago

hey bonnie,
    just wanted to make sure that my return postage included was sufficient or if I needed to wire you some more funds for the return trip.

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Nathan, I've sent you an email.

Sent one envelope out today, but it was for the other website. I have one ready to mail in the morning, and hope to get a couple more done tonight. However, my oldest son starts high school next year, and I have to take him to registration tonight, so not sure how long that will take, or how much time I'll have to work on the swap afterwards.

Lorabell/Laura - Ready to mail

UPDATE:

Well, I managed to get one more packaged done this evening, and the lucky person is ...

Naturegirl2007 - Ready to mail

I'll stop by the post office on my way to work and get those in the mail. I am off on Friday, so I should be able to knock quite a few out then.

This post was edited by highalttransplant on Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 1:09

• naturegirl_2007 5B SW Michigan
    11 years ago

Cool! Presents in the mail soon. It is exciting to see what great varieties others have to share in exchanges.

I'm just getting lights, etc. set up for the season. So far only have onions and leeks started. Peppers will be going soon.

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I've gotten three more packages done this afternoon, and am hoping to keep working on the swap this evening. My oldest son had a youth group event to go to tonight, but this time the hubby is taking him instead of me. Anyone else find that their kids schedules are way busier than ours were at their age? Not sure which one is more exhausting, the whole diapers/up-half-the-night stage, or the activities director/taxi driver stage of parenthood!!!

Okay, back to the swap.

Maple_grove - Ready to mail
    Peppermeister1 - Ready to mail
    Pinkiris - Ready to mail

I'll update this post before going to the post office in the morning.

Have a great evening!

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Okay, headed to the post office. In addition to the three listed above, I also have:

Spacetogrow - Ready to mail
    Suburbangreen - Ready to mail

Plus, a couple of envelopes for participants from the other website.

I'll work on some more later, but my brain hurts, LOL, and I need a small break.

Have a great day!

• sandysgardens
    11 years ago

Bonnie - You completely out-did yourself with my envy of pepper seeds I received on Thursday. I’m so glad the big bird in the sky got them here ahead of the snow coming in from the west today. Even though I have dozens of varieties already sown, I'm going to start a few of the varieties you sent - I just need to pick the ones - Shoot I might as well face it, I will be sowing more than just a few more!

A BIG thanks to everyone who sent seeds in and a BIG thanks to Bonnie for putting this all together. I definitely had a number of my wants fulfilled!

Sandy

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You're very welcome, Sandy! And a big thank you for you're very generous donation!!!

I worked on the swap all afternoon, and only have 5 packages ready to mail. Grrrr!!! The good news is that was the last of the big envelopes, folks that sent in the maximum. The rest of them only have a dozen or less packets to swap, so they shouldn't take as much time. Plus, they are already swapped on the spreadsheet, so I am hoping it will move pretty quickly from here on out.

Missed the post office hours for today, so the following will go out first thing Monday:

Tinley244 - Ready to mail
    Coolbythecoast - Ready to mail
    Fanatic79 - Ready to mail
    Barefootgardner12 - Ready to mail

Plus one for the other site.

Need to make a grocery run tomorrow before I have a mutiny on my hands, LOL, but if I get a chance to do any envelopes I'll update the list..

• lorabell_gw
    11 years ago

Bonnie,

Have received my package...and THANK YOU so very much. More than I ever dreamed.... I appreciate all your work, a logistic nightmare in my book! You filled so many in my wish list that I actually squeeled in delight..my husband thought I was crazy.

And thanks to all those who donated..what generosity.

Laura

• peppermeister1
    11 years ago

Bonnie, seeds came today. What a selection! Thanks so much. You're organizational skills are quite impressive. I am so grateful for all of these interesting varieties. Thanks to everyone who sent in seeds and THANKS AGAIN TO BONNIE for all of your hard work and generosity. You are a pepper hero.
    -Peppermeister1

• suburbangreen
    11 years ago

Bonnie,

I also received my seeds today. I'm stoked! I look forward to researching the surprise varieties, growing them, and experiencing the heat.

Thanks to everyone for sharing.
    Great job on the swap, Bonnie.

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Life has been extremely hectic for my family the past couple of weeks, so I really appreciate everyone's patience with me. This is the first year since I started hosting this swap, that I was also working, so I should have allowed more time between when the seeds arrived and when I promised to have them back out. I am doing my very best, and have quite a few ready to go out in the morning. There are a couple more that I'd like to finish tonight, but I still have to finish cooking dinner and get the kids bathed, so not sure if I can get to them or not.

Here is the list of the packages going out in tomorrow's mail:

Keltickreek
    Churnoble
    Skyblue52
    Davina3315
    Toucan
    Amiahjordan
    Chefconnie
    Plus a couple from the other forum

I'll update this post later if I get any more done. Please be sure to let me know when your package arrives.

Thanks!
    Bonnie

UPDATE:

Got two more ready to go:
    Scorpion John
    LeafEricson

That is pretty much the last of the participants that sent seeds in. The rest is newbies.

Won't have time to work on those tomorrow, but will try to wrap them up by the end of the week.

This post was edited by highalttransplant on Wed, Feb 27, 13 at 2:19

• churnoble
    11 years ago

Bonnie,

Got mine today. Thank you so much for organizing and thanks to everyone else for sharing. This newbie is very grateful and plans to share next year.

Thanks again!

Matt

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Matt, thank you for letting me know the package made it there safely!

Worked on the swap all afternoon, and made it to the post office 10 minutes before they closed.

Here's whose packages went out today:

Socalgardengal
    Kwolfe0
    Dmkelly
    Growsy
    HelenB1949
    Lesuko

Plus 3 from THP

There are a whole lot of envelopes that have been sent out, and I just want to be sure they all arrive safely.

Please post here when you receive your package.

Thanks,
    Bonnie

• FANATIC79
    11 years ago

Seeds are in! Thank you Bonnie for all the time and energy you put into this swap. I hope everyone has a great growing season.

• tinley244
    11 years ago

Hello Bonnie,
    I received the seeds yesturday. Thankyou you so much for hosting the seed swap again. I am always amazed at all the different varieties, and I enjoy researching all the new seeds.
    Thank you again
    Bill

• newtoucan
    11 years ago

I received the seeds! Thank you so much for all the work you put into this. I can imagine that this takes a lot of time, and organization. You are wonderful for doing this. I'm so excited by all the great varieties. My garden will be 95% peppers this year.

• leafericson
    11 years ago

Hi Bonnie, the seeds arrived safely. Lots and lots of them; more than I was expecting! Your feeding my addiction lol :)
    I can't get enough.
    I feel like a kid in a candy shop with all these seeds. Like Christmas morning; no Red Rider BB gun in my package but I got a hel of a lot of really cool pepper seeds!
    Can't thank you enough for hosting this; I know it must of been a lot of work as you can see we all appreciate your hard work and dedication.
    I can't wait to share all the pepper seeds again next year with everyone.

Eric

• maple_grove_gw
    11 years ago

Hi Bonnie,

I got my seeds on Friday and like everyone else has said, I'm very happy with selection I got. What great variety, and many more than I had expected. You did a really great job, and I wanted to thank you personally.

Alex

• maple_grove_gw
    11 years ago

EDIT: remove duplicate post.

This post was edited by maple_grove on Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 9:00

• scorpion_john
    11 years ago

Bonnie, mine arrived friday. I want to thank you and everyone that sent in seeds. I just join the swaps to share, not really expecting much. I was very impressed with what i was sent. Thanks again. John

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Glad to hear that everyone is happy with what they received back!

Thank you John, for sharing all the extra goodies!

I am down to the LAST THREE ENVELOPES!!! I have 10 ready to mail this morning:

Rollinrockell
    Foodeefish
    Elvimiller
    Thismembername
    Moonfire
    Nak10
    MissyGA64
    Trickfox

Plus the last couple packages from THP folks.

It is such a relief to be winding down the swap. I love being able to fulfill wishes! Makes me feel a bit like Santa Claus, LOL, but I am ready to focus on getting the garden ready for planting. Well, as soon as it warms up a bit. Right now, it's 16 degrees outside. It's supposed to reach 50 by the weekend though. Come on spring!!!

Thank you, EVERYONE, for participating in the Pick-A-Peck of Peppers swap!

Your hostess,
    Bonnie

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

In tomorrow's mail:

Kevinitis
    Crazymtn
    Seedkeeper

... and that is the last of the envelopes!!!

Remember to post when your seeds arrive!

Thanks,
    Bonnie

• thismembername
    11 years ago

received. amazing variety. great job to everyone who participated.

prepared to give donations for next go round

• lorabell_gw
    11 years ago

It's been two weeks since i recieved my seeds and ALL the babies are up and doing great. I planted 4-5 seeds of each variety ( a good 20+ additional varieties from your swap) and my germination rate has been incredible... including all those cool super hot 7 pot varieties. . ( which makes over a 100 additional pepper plants in all) Thank you again. What fun!

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yay!!! Happy to see sprouts up from the swap seeds already!

I did some potting up last night. Here's my grow table right now. You can see it's pretty well maxed out!

There's still quite a few folks that haven't posted that their seeds arrived. Hope that they all safely reach their destination.

• missyga64
    11 years ago

THANK YOU, THANK YOU , THANK YOU to Bonnie for allowing us newbies to join and to everyone that send these wonderful seeds.

Mine arrived in the mail today and I was over joyed when I opened it. I can hardly wait, tomorrow is planting day and I will have lots of pots with new varieties in them.

Again, Thank you to everyone for being so generous and to Bonnie for hosting. I can hardly wait until next year to share seeds.

Happy Gardening

Missy

• nak10
    11 years ago

I received my package! Thank you Bonnie for hosting this swap and all the generous members on this forum who donated seeds!

Sponsored
Art Masonry Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars132 Reviews
Loudon County's Hardscape and Landscape Expert in Outdoor Living